PDA

View Full Version : wow check this out!

thebubbleking
10-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Wow was watching the news on yahoo and theres a story about a parrot named peanut who wokeup to flames in the house and imitated the fire alarm and woke and saved the familey!
check out yahoo parrot saves familey peanut:clap

Janie
10-23-2007, 06:35 PM
I saw it about an hour ago! COOL and all the more reason to have a parrot in the house! :D I'll have to show it to my hubby! :D

thebubbleking
10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
So long as it does the fire alarm and not the car alarm!!!! lol

mjm8321
10-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Great story; however what happens if you have a parrot that already makes that sound all the time? :rofl: Seriously, our Senegal, Ripley, makes the sound that a smoke detector makes when the battery is going low, all the time! You know our smoke detector batteries are always fresh! :lol

Sweetpeaches
10-24-2007, 01:28 PM
funny, i was at a bird show this weekend and someone had an african grey who made the sound of a smoke alarm while i was standing near him and it scared the beejeebers out of me!!!! i couldn't believe it came from the parrot!

saxypanda
10-25-2007, 07:43 AM
lol too cute.. last week here in Dallas I heard about where this guys parrot woke him up in the middle of the night cause he heard the bird say "Hello" The man said the only time the bird says that is if there is someone in the room with it so of course the guy got up and found someone in his house.

My boyfriend wants to get a dog (when we get our house next year) to watch over us but I should just show him all of these and say I think a parrot would be much better!

bellarains
10-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Wonderful story, and yep, they do immitate well. Cappie, my GCC makes the beep noise that my coffee maker makes when it's done, and when it turns itself off. He also makes the dry beep noise. I have to say though, I only hear him do it when either of them beeps, not any other time. I guess I won't think the coffee is ready in the middle of the night:lol

dani
10-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Evie does not do noises... i've always wondered why. She is strictly a human- voice kinda girl. I agree though, parrots are way better as guards than dogs. No one can even come into our house without Ammy and Evie screaming bloody murder.