PDA

View Full Version : Im so sad...

Blossomfrost
10-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Sad news... I was about to pick up the phone and call the owners of True Love Aviary to see if I could adopt Sky, and I went to their website only to find out that Sky has been adopted already. Now I'm really sad...

Well, she is probably going to a good home anyway. Does anyone know of any other good aviaries in NC that I could check out?!? I want to know because my friend, who has more experience with birds than I do, is thinking about adopting Coconut, so I dont want to adopt him.

If you want a link to the true love aviary website, here it is:

http://www.trueloveaviary.blogspot.com/

Please help me out

:very_sad: :very_sad: :very_sad: :very_sad: :very_sad: :very_sad:

Blossomfrost
10-29-2007, 02:39 PM
*sob*

Blossomfrost
10-29-2007, 02:46 PM
*cries really loudly* And to think, I was literally one second from adopting her

beckyg
10-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Have you checked Craigslist.com ? That is where we found Luna and many breeders list their birds there under pets. At this very moment there are several listed on my cities craigslist. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Blossomfrost
10-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks, but my friend said that her dad said that they don't need another bird in their house, so last night, I called True Love Aviary, and I am trying to adopt Coconut. But if that doesn't work, I JUST NOW found out that True Love Aviary now has some baby lovebirds that will be up for adoption in December. So that's good news.

beckyg
10-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Well, good I am happy for you! I hope everything works out :D.

Blossomfrost
10-30-2007, 02:55 PM
OK, I have another problem, this one is small:

On the subject of the new babies, should I wait until they are ready to be adopted and adopt one of them or adopt Coconut. Coconut is a male, and if I wait, I will mabye able to adopt a female. Which is better?!?!?

Sasha M
10-30-2007, 02:58 PM
I have a male and a female and their both equally sweet, though I would definatly say the male is tamer than the female But I think it just depends on the owner and the birds personality.:)

Blossomfrost
10-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks, I wanted to know because the owner of the aviary is supposed to call me back today so that we can work out the adoption, so I was wondering if I should still adopt Coconut or not

romeoandjulietlovies06
10-30-2007, 03:52 PM
if you adopt a male you don't have to worry about eggies or nesty behaivors like you would with a female. It is really up to you which one you choice. i think that you should visit coconut and see how the visiting goes then make you choice.

Kirby
10-30-2007, 05:20 PM
If I were in your situation I would probably getting a male lovie, provided that him and I get along.

I agree with Miranda what she said about the nesty and temperamental issues that come with a Hen (not to mention eggs :nyah:)

Has Coconut been DNA tested? Or just visually sexed?
If he has not been tested I would request a test before purchasing. Just so you don't have any hen-like surprises in the future :)

Definitely ask if you can go visit Coconut and see how you guys are with each other!!!

Eliza
10-30-2007, 08:03 PM
If you can, VISIT before you purchase a lovebird. See if you two are compatible.

I've never dealt with True Love Aviary but they seem like a really nice, reputable aviary to do business with.

When the time is right the right lovebird will find his or her way to you -- don't worry!

Blossomfrost
10-31-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks everyone!!!!! I told the owners of True Love Aviary that I would give them my decision today, so I am probably going to go visit Coconut and then decide if I am going to wait for the other birdies to grow up or not. Oh, and yes, Coconut IS a boy, and also, visiting is required for adopting a birdie at True Love Aviary, so I will be visiting soon!!!!!

Thanks again, and I will tell y'all what happens later!!!!!

michael
10-31-2007, 04:11 PM
I think its great that your going through an aviary that has certain requirements. It shows both parties care about making the best possible choice. I would think too that any good breeder already includes DNA sexing or offers to provide that service whether there's a request or not. Also, a health check screening may help in preventing unforseen health issues along with vet costs as the extra cost would likely be worth it. Coconut is a cute name :), I hope your visit goes well with him..............Michael and Goofy

LauraO
10-31-2007, 05:25 PM
I think Eliza is right about finding a lovebird who you connect with. Visiting Coconut is a great idea. If you guys hit it off then great. If not, then wait for the new clutch to arrive and meet them. In fact, most breeders will let you visit while they are being handfed to better bond with them. While it's natural for us to pick lovebirds cause of their color, I've found the cutest and rewarding lovebirds are those I connect with and not their mutation.

If this is your first bird, I would get a male if possible. Females are great but they can have some difficult behaviors for new lovebirds owners. This isn't saying you won't with a male, but you won't have the nesting behaviors.

good luck :D :D