PDA

View Full Version : Don't under estimate the power of a treat

beckyg
10-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Yesterday when I got home from work I got Luna out and she hopped onto my shoulder. Well, I decided it was treat time so I went into the kitchen and pulled out her jar of seed mix to dump some into her food bowl, she had other ideas. When I opened the jar she jumped onto the side. I was trying to coax her off onto her feed bowl when she stuck her head in and wouldn't come out. My husband came in and tried to get her out (It all happened so fast, I wish I had pictures of us trying to get her out and her digging further in). The opening in the jar is just big enough for her to fit in and she wasn't coming out. My husband finally turned it over and dumped her out. She squawked at us! She was happy where she was, crazy bird! She didn't even know she was stuck. I imagine hours later when she had eaten her fill she would have been quite upset to learn she was stuck. :D

Here she is sitting on the jar a couple of days ago: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r165/beckgriffin/Luna/lb.jpg

It was not that full when she got stuck in it last night, though (head-first, by the way):rofl:.

butterfly1061
10-31-2007, 09:00 AM
Cute! My Molly is my only lovie who like to crawl into the seed container and eat. If I try to get him out, I get bitten. He doesn't like being disturbed when he's eating. I've learned my lesson :rolleyes:

Janie
10-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Becky, :rotfl :rofl: :rotfl :rofl:

When something like that happens, it should be your top priority to get the camera! :D (after making sure Luna is safe, that is! :D)

beckyg
10-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Becky, :rotfl :rofl: :rotfl :rofl:

When something like that happens, it should be your top priority to get the camera! :D (after making sure Luna is safe, that is! :D)

I know, I even said that to Brett(my husband), but Brett was freaking out so I really didn't have time. It was funny, though. :rotfl