PDA

View Full Version : My BIG Boi!!!!

Janie
11-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Did a little birdie weigh in last night and Big Boi weighed SIXTY ONE grams! :omg: The boy likes to eat! :D Oliver was 48 grams (I'm very happy with that, an 8 gram gain in four years) and Shy holds steady at 56 grams. With the piles that Shy gacks every single day, I am amazed the he doesn't lose weight. All three are on the exact same diet but obviously Big Boi is eating a little more than his flock mates.

He just feels so darn good when I hold him and rub his chest. Solid as a rock! :happy: I can only imagine what size chicks he and Miss Gracie would produce! :whistle: A 60 gram hen and a 61 gram cock...yikes! :D

Elle
11-07-2007, 10:26 AM
It's not that he eats a lot. He just has a big bone structure:blush:
I'm glad to hear that all three are at a healthy weight. Petie weight in at 54 grams when we took him to the vet last month. I was shocked because he is so much smaller than Pheebs. I cannot wait to weight Phoebe now since she looks twice his size.

With Oliver gaining 8 grams in 4 years I'm wondering if it's not all muscles. He definitely has a more active life now than he did before. :)

butterfly1061
11-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Awwww, Big Boi is just that - a big boy :lol I weighed Olivia the other day and she's at 57. One of her remaining babies I have weighed in at 59. Think it just runs in the family Janie? :D

mjm8321
11-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Yep Janie, I think you need to make sure he passes on those genes. I might have the perfect girl for him...:D :D
Did I tell you there are direct flights from PDX to ATL? :clap :rotfl

carrier
11-07-2007, 01:01 PM
WOW! That sounds like a hefty, *ahem*, I mean sturdy, lovebird you've got there! :rolleyes:

Does size ever matter when introducing two lovebirds together? Is there an intimidation factor? The reason I ask is that I will most likely be adopting either Katy or TK this weekend, and it just occured to me that Fenway might be threatened if I brought home a bird larger than him/her.

wilkiecoco
11-07-2007, 07:16 PM
janie - i'm thinking that a pic or two would let me see for myself what big boi looks like, and once your posting, what about a pic or two of oliver and shy????? Please!!!!!!!! :D

Kirby
11-07-2007, 07:31 PM
janie - i'm thinking that a pic or two would let me see for myself what big boi looks like, and once your posting, what about a pic or two of oliver and shy????? Please!!!!!!!! :D

Mhmmmm I agree...

PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS!!!!

Z28Taxman
11-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Have you been feeding that boi lead? :omg:

thebubbleking
11-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Yeh thats what i tell everyone to it's not fat its big bone structure lol.
Whats the heaviest lovebird anyone has heard of and how can you tell if your lovie is overweight besides not being able to fly or not being able to see thier feet lol

Oscar
11-07-2007, 10:59 PM
I second the pictures!!!

thebubbleking
11-07-2007, 11:37 PM
ok just got sunshine done 48.5 grams and hes 10 months old
And no i wont risk loseing a finger trying to weigh boo mabey if i catch her half asleep:D

carrier
11-08-2007, 07:57 AM
YAY! I want to see Big Boi and Oliver and Shy!!!!

:pics:

Janie
11-08-2007, 08:06 AM
YAY! I want to see Big Boi and Oliver and Shy!!!!

:pics:

You have no idea how hard I'm trying to get photos linked here. All of my albums were successfully moved from ImageStation to Shutterfly but for the life of me (and 2 hours trying last night) I can't figure out how to link them here! :confused: I had no problems linking them using ImageStation.

I took "fresh" photos last week to send to a woman who is going to do little sculptures of them. She does dog sculptures (doing one of my sheltie) so I asked about one of each of my lovies and she's going to give it a shot! :D Anyway, she needed lots of photos so I took them and there are sitting in limbo at Shutterfly! :whistle:

My three lovies all "look" the same size and actually, Oliver has the biggest head in the flock. :lol The weight difference is only noticeable when I feel Big Boi's chest. Oliver's keel bone is sharp enough to cut paper! :omg:

butterfly1061
11-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Janie, I couldn't get anything out of Shutterfly either, so I had to start using Photobucket again. I sure miss Imagestation. I know it wasn't great, but it beats Shutterfly. :rolleyes:

bellarains
11-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Janie,

Don't you be talkin bout that little birdies weight, you will give him a complex:rofl:

Sounds like everyone is healthy round your house. Of course, that's a given, those fids are SPOILT!!!!!!!!:) Just as they should be:)

graushill
11-08-2007, 02:21 PM
I read about Big Boi's weight and it made me smile :). That's one appropriately named birdie.

Janie, are you really not going to let him pass on those big, strapping, violet genes on to a future generation? ;)

Gloria

Janie
11-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Janie, are you really not going to let him pass on those big, strapping, violet genes on to a future generation? ;)

Gloria

No I am not! :clap I've told both of them that Oliver is a girl and by golly, I think they believe me! :D Oliver has never been so well fed or preened in his life....they both adore him. :D

HEY LORI, where in the world are the photos, the promised photos, of your new baby?????????? We're waiting......:whistle: If you get 'em on Shutterfly, let me know how you did it! ;)

Flapjack
11-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Wow! I don't have any idea how much Jack weighs, but I took Chino to the vet the other day. In my post about the visit, I mentioned that the vet said he was small for a gcc, like he was the runt of the clutch or something. Anyway, I had forgotten what she said about the actual weight so I called back.
He's only 55 grams! My goodness. I've wanted a larger bird than a lovie for a while now. Just my luck to have fallen for a tiny one.
I'm glad to have him, though, he's wonderful :blush:

Janie
11-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Ahhh, but Jeni......he's got that gorgeous long tail! :D That makes up for a little less weight! I want one, I want one, I want one! :D

shylevon
11-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Sounds like someone is bulking up to lay an eggie. You do know that hens weigh more than males? I think Janie will make a fantastic Granny.

Glad to hear all are healthy and happy.

mjm8321
11-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Sounds like someone is bulking up to lay an eggie. You do know that hens weigh more than males? I think Janie will make a fantastic Granny.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

beckyg
11-09-2007, 12:10 PM

Glad to hear all are healthy and happy.

OMG! Wouldn't that be hysterical after the way Janie goes on about all of her birdies being boys!! ;) Just kidding, Janie. I know that wouldn't be funny at all.:D

Janie
11-09-2007, 03:58 PM
OMG! Wouldn't that be hysterical after the way Janie goes on about all of her birdies being boys!! ;) Just kidding, Janie. I know that wouldn't be funny at all.:D

The new birdies were warned the first week after we got them.....you lay an egg and we cook the egg, you lay more and we cook YOU! ;) No egg layers for me, thank you! :D Becky, Shy and Big Boi were DNA'd before I bought them but DNA'd males are not a 100% sure thing. I think the odds are about 99% in the results on males so even after 2 1/2 years and total male behavior, I still hold my breath! :lol

P.S. And IF they laid an egg, I'd never tell it here! It would bring way too much pleasure to a few of my forum friends! :p

Buy A Paper Doll
11-09-2007, 05:44 PM
P.S. And IF they laid an egg, I'd never tell it here! It would bring way too much pleasure to a few of my forum friends! :p

LIES!!! :nyah:

If any of Janie's birds looked like they were going to lay an egg we can guarantee she'd be on here in a heartbeat, freaking out! :lol

Janie
11-09-2007, 06:00 PM
LIES!!! :nyah:

If any of Janie's birds looked like they were going to lay an egg we can guarantee she'd be on here in a heartbeat, freaking out! :lol

Lord, I am an OPEN book! :rofl: Jennifer, you're right....I'd be typing and dialing at the same time saying "HELP!" :lol

Z28Taxman
11-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Lord, I am an OPEN book! :rofl: Jennifer, you're right....I'd be typing and dialing at the same time saying "HELP!" :lol

Yep. It would be, "help, I've got 3 hens laying eggs! :omg: "

:nyah:

shylevon
11-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Don't forget that Calais was DNAed a male and she laid her first eggie after 3.5 years. Nereus was DNAed a male too, and she laid enough eggies to make a king sized Frittata.

butterfly1061
11-10-2007, 09:57 PM
And if Big Boi & Shy are anything like their sister Olivia (my lovie), they'd lay a half dozen eggs at least! Wouldn't that be a hoot :rotfl

thebubbleking
11-10-2007, 10:03 PM
uh oh hope you all not putting the "forum hen curse" on her! behave now lol:rofl:

beckyg
11-13-2007, 01:47 PM

LOL!!!:rofl: Tis True!!

Kathryn
11-13-2007, 05:01 PM
:rofl: :clap :rofl: :clap :rofl:
I can just see the look of surprise on your face and I've never seen you in person!!

I switched to photobucket and found a way to make an album link instead of using separate links for each photo. I didn't like shutterfly either.

Janie
11-13-2007, 05:21 PM
:rofl: :clap :rofl: :clap :rofl:
I can just see the look of surprise on your face and I've never seen you in person!!

I switched to photobucket and found a way to make an album link instead of using separate links for each photo. I didn't like shutterfly either.

Kathryn, I'm sure I'd be shocked beyond speech and for me, that means really, really shocked!

Oh yeah, I know, all those "hen" people out there would just love to see me end up with a misdiagnosed DNA and a whole nest full of eggs! :omg: :omg: :omg: