PDA

View Full Version : pairs ?

nu2luvbrds
11-07-2007, 05:51 PM
i have yet another question my breeding pair has a baby int he nesting box and three eggs but my male (yet to be named) has been spending less ime feeding the momma in there so she has been comeing out eating by herself and he has been spending alot of time talking o his daughter in the cage next to them she is a very very vocal lovie and lately he has been hanging upside down talking to her more and more it isnt possable that he is takeing a likeing to her is it and it is definately not a good idea to move him in with her right?

mjm8321
11-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Nope. I'd move his daughter away from him. Let him do his job and feed his mate and chick(s). His attention needs to be on his mate and not the nosy, vocal girl next door. ;)

nu2luvbrds
11-07-2007, 06:45 PM
she is in a cage byherself will she be ok away from them?

mjm8321
11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
How old is she?
If she's eating on her own, she'll be fine. she might call for her parents however if she's distracting dad, it's best she be moved for now. Once the newest offspring are close to weaned, she can move back next door.
Having her seperate will give you a good chance to bond with her.

nu2luvbrds
11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
thank you MJ very much i dont want her idstracting her father from doing what he is suppose to be doing so i will go and do that right now
again thanks so much for your fast responce

nu2luvbrds
11-08-2007, 08:12 AM
MJ i listened to you and ook her away from the side of the cage since she is an only in a cage we will be spending alot of time trying o bond with her hopefully it wont be too long before she is trusting us
as for the male i think it worked because this morning i did see him feeding her quite a bit then after he was finished right back to the food bowls to feed himself

mjm8321
11-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm glad it seems to be working out. :clap