PDA

View Full Version : Fenway will be getting a friend

carrier
11-09-2007, 12:19 PM
So I will be adopting either Katy or TK from Jesse! I will go this weekend and meet them both, see how their temperaments are, and based on that will decide which one will become Fenway's new friend!

I am very excited, as well as really happy that I will be able to provide a loving home for one of them. I wish I could take both...but it just isn't an option right now.:(

I believe TK is a male, he's 2 years old or so, and is a Cinnamon with a violet factor. His daughter is Katy, she is pied, as well. I have no idea about genetics, but their pictures are in the below album. They are the two Yellow ones, TK being the darker Yellow and Katy having more of a blue rump.

I can't wait!!!!:clap :clap

http://marajade27-pets.buzznet.com/user/photos/convention-of-lovies/?id=3533336&p=2

beckyg
11-09-2007, 12:40 PM
:clap Congratulations to Fenway (and you too, of course)! I wish I could see the pics. Is there something wrong with me that I cannot view the pics on that website?:confused:

ittyandrita
11-09-2007, 12:45 PM
if you rename one, you should name it yankee stadium :)

carrier
11-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Funny you should mention it....I think the name is already picked out.....

Wrigley :rolleyes:

ittyandrita
11-09-2007, 12:51 PM
oh no.

mjm8321
11-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Funny you should mention it....I think the name is already picked out.....

Wrigley :rolleyes:

Better than Yankee or Shea........... :lol

LauraO
11-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Congrats to everybirdy!!!!

Just my :2cents: , but I would not initially change the birdies name. This will be a big adjustment and some familiarity would be nice for the birdy you decide to bring home.

I hope you have better luck than my husband and I do picking partners for our birds. Jesse has done great by both birds, but who's to say what Fenway will have to say about it all:rolleyes: .

carrier
11-09-2007, 01:59 PM
I haven't definitively decided if I will change it's name, and I definately will use the original name at first. I just think that Wrigley is an appropriate name for any friend/mate of Fenway's.;)

What can I say...I LOVE baseball!

*cough* World Series champions *cough* :D

Janie
11-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Congrats to everybirdy!!!!

Just my :2cents: , but I would not initially change the birdies name. This will be a big adjustment and some familiarity would be nice for the birdy you decide to bring home.

I changed Oliver's name, aka, "Giggles" the day I rescued him but I continued to call him Giggles and Giggle Bug for a long, long time. He still responds to those names.....and about 10 more that he gets called every day :D He learned his new name fairly soon but I agree, they need as much normalcy as possible in a transition like this. :) His former owners dog was/is named Oliver so I guess he was pretty used to hearing that name! :D

Congratulations, Carrie! :D