PDA

View Full Version : paper tucking

Herc
11-09-2007, 10:18 PM
ok herc's paper tucking keeps making me laugh

if he is female (previous owners have 10 yrs before me and don't remember any eggs so i'm pretty sure he's a male... ?) i'd think he'd be doing a better job... but he's putting the paper strips in such funny places, and if he moves in the slightest they all fall out and he starts again... lol

where do females usually tuck? he is tucking in the middle of his back, in the front of his wings, near his tail feathers... lol

he is keeping me quite amused.. lol

i keep finding paper strips in his water and seed dishes! :happy:

Janie
11-10-2007, 08:51 AM
We've had some great photos here with hens tucking. :D A few videos, too. You might find some way back in the photo section. I've never seen any of my three boys attempt to tuck but I've read that some males do.....

Tucking is adorable and especially when you know that eggs will not follow! :whistle:

shylevon
11-10-2007, 11:02 AM
They tuck in the blue feathers of their rump, just before the base of their tail.

They can get quite a few tuckings in there and can look the part of a right decked out peacock if the strips are long. They usually lose most of them before they get back to the cage and they leave quite a trail of strips enroute.

I haven't seen any of my boys tuck and all of their chewings look more like spitballs than strips. You may have a female there, but at her age, she is unlikely to ever lay an eggie.