PDA

View Full Version : Waterbowl or toybox??

ladyscroller
11-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Every day I take Bonkers foot toy balls out of his waterbowl. I have yet to catch him in the act of doing this but he does it daily. Binky never does this does anybody elses do this?

michael
11-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh boy! :) I just love the mystery and suspense. Only on occasion will I find some larger food item in Goofs water bowl. How it got there is a complete mystery as I've never seen him pick those items out. He never makes a mess with his food in his cage either until I leave, and when I return it looks as though a bomb went off in his food bowl. Never once has he done this in my presence except when he's out enjoying rice, cornbread, or any other messy wet food. Thats when the real food festival begins! :rotfl ..............Michael N' Goofy

kimsbirds
11-18-2007, 07:04 PM
OH yes....
Every day....several times a day....every week of every month.
Why??
BECAUSE THEY CAN :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

linda040899
11-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Many of mine do the same thing! As quickly as I remove whatever happens to have found its way to the water dish will magically reappear there within minutes of my having taken it out! My lovebirds aren't the only ones who do this, either! Larger parrots enjoy this game equally as well!!! :lol

ittyandrita
11-18-2007, 07:41 PM
My conure keeps his water bowl clean, but my lovies use it as a garbage disposal/toy box and my senegal uses his as a toilet :)

Sweetpeaches
11-18-2007, 08:15 PM
it is funny. i've never seen peaches do this either in my presence but when i come home from work....soup is made...lol.

ittyandrita
11-18-2007, 08:35 PM
has anybody ever caught their birds in the act??:)

Flapjack
11-18-2007, 08:49 PM
I've seen Chino drop food in his-
but the funniest thing ever is when he gingerly steps over it, lifts that long tail, and repeatedly dunks his bum. :rofl:
I still can't entice him into a larger bowl or plate for a bath. This drives me crazy, thinking of the germs in his water bowl.
I change it often throughout the day, but what if I'm gone for a long time?? Yuck!

dani
11-18-2007, 09:42 PM
I give my birdies nice big shallow water dishes just for the purpose of having some fun... but nothing works like the water bowl :x... it alarms me the strange things i find in that bowl. haku's bowl is usually a soupy mess of shredded paper, seed, a stray feather occasionally, and soaked veggies and poop... soon after i clean it, too :(... and then they'll act all disgusted and wait irritably for me to give them clean water!!!

Janie
11-19-2007, 08:51 AM
has anybody ever caught their birds in the act??:)

Yes! :D Big Boi and Shy put colored popsicle stick pieces AND food in Oliver's water bowl and they don't care if I'm standing their watching or not! :lol

bellarains
11-19-2007, 01:33 PM
The only bird I've ever caught "dunking" is Cappie, and he likes to dunk his pellets, and pepper treats in the water dish. I guess it's like his Oreo's:lol

butterfly1061
11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Piper! Piper is my soup maker. If they get popcorn for a treat, he's the first to dunk it and I usually have to change the water twice before I even leave for work. Popcorn, peas, crackers, corn, carrots, strawberry pieces (turns red) - you name it it's dunkable :lol

salderm1
11-19-2007, 07:59 PM
2 of my lovies are pretty cleanwith their water, just gotta change it cause of poo, the other dips tons of stuff but still pretty clean....my 2 bigger birdies have disgusting water bowls, I change them umpteen times a day!!! It is my Zon and I see her putting food in there. Idon't see my Too putting toys in there though and I find those alot!!!

salderm1
11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Oh yes, I have to mention the scare when they dunk dyed stuff in there and the water changes color!!!! I about had a heart attack when I went to change the water and it was BLOOD RED!!! Then realized there was a cube of red in there!!!!! AUGH!!!

thebubbleking
11-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Sunshine is my soup maker and he doesnt care if i watch or not he is shameless lol

Pips mom
11-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Pip keeps his water dish clean-----yeah cause it's in his cage and he's never in there!! I keep a shallow bathing water dish on top of his cage because he just loves taking a bath! He does tend to pick up some small toys and put them in the water-----the other day I noticed a clothespin in the water----we use them to keep the cage door securely shut and open because the doors slide up and down!

Mydoona
03-16-2008, 08:40 PM
my birdy thins that everything tastes better soaked in water,so he will take his food from his bowl over the otherside of his cage to his waterbowl then plonk the food in the water then fish it out and eat it...

Christian
03-21-2008, 01:40 PM
My personal favorite is when you have just finished cleaning their water bowl and then they step over to it and take a big poo in it!