PDA

View Full Version : happy day....and it's not about the turkey

Sweetpeaches
11-22-2007, 01:12 PM
today after 9 mos of lovie ownership peaches allowed me to give her skritches!!!! yippeee! i have been up since early this morning preparing the "other" bird and finally got to sit down and relax with peaches a few minutes and she let me rub her neck...and she was loving it!!! turning her head from one side to the other and almost closing her eyes...she was in heaven...and it was a nice treat for me too! so for those of you who've only had your lovie for a little while...hang in there...when i first got peaches in march she didn't like my hands or fingers...we've both come along way:clap :clap :clap

LauraO
11-22-2007, 01:28 PM
:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

This is truly happy news!!!! Nine months is not long at all. Must be all the hard work and patience. Pretty soon you will be sharing you have her laying on her back in your hand :D .

Sweetpeaches
11-22-2007, 05:21 PM
you might have something there! cause now that she knows how much she likes skritches she nugdes her head up underneath my hand when she's sitting in my lap so i can skritch her. it doesn't seem to bother her at all that my hand is on her back...maybe it will be belly rubs next?? lol..

wilkiecoco
11-22-2007, 06:13 PM
that moment when they first show their trust in you is the absolute best!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: it is worth all the months of patience, love and compassion. this is a happy day indeed!!!!!! :happy: :happy:

kimsbirds
11-22-2007, 06:19 PM
What a FANTASTIC post update for those new lovie owners who want to know how long it might take for their babies to become friendly!!
You have done a wonderful job...keep up the good work, it truly is a "labor of love"!!!!

K

michael
11-22-2007, 06:26 PM
You never know when these little buggers will finally give in to a few scritches. You never know when their going to finally decide to eat those veggies you work on for over a year either! :roll:. Its possible when Peaches figures out she can get scitches elsewhere then everyone will be under her control :rolleyes:. Then again, she just might stay a fidmama's girl. :) .......................Michael and Goofy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ourgoofy/

Sweetpeaches
11-22-2007, 06:52 PM
oh what precious pictures...what a precious relationship!!!!! makes my heart ache more for goofy's plucking. hope he's better soon!

Screamer
11-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Feels great doesn't it

Jessica
11-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Congratulations! First skritches are truly something to be grateful for!

donna1064
11-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Congratulations! That's great news! Patience certainly does pay off! Kudos for being a good fidparent!

Baby does the same thing and she will move her head from side to side so that I can get each cheek, then lift her chin so I can get under there, then bow her head so I can get the top and the back of her neck, then back to the cheeks again....and then one GREAT BIG YAWN......repeat several times......I still can't get over just how PRECIOUS these little critters are!

thebubbleking
11-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Sunshine very reluctantly lets me give give hime skritches he likes kisses and snuggles better, boo forget it with her jello neck your just asking for bites lol
Congrats and give some skritches for me:D

Janie
11-23-2007, 09:41 AM
That is GREAT news! :clap :clap :clap

beckyg
11-23-2007, 09:54 AM
:clap Thank you so much for sharing that!! It gives me hope! :D

Michael, thanks for sharing the pictures! Very sweet. What about the hummingbird on the 2nd page... is that a pet, or is it um...ya know, um... *whisper* dead?

wilkiecoco
11-23-2007, 10:07 AM
:
What about the hummingbird on the 2nd page... is that a pet, or is it um...ya know, um... *whisper* dead?

I was kind of wondering about that myself?????