PDA

View Full Version : DNA results....

Sparkette65
07-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Well the results are in....Both the Lutino and the Slate are "female"
I'm a bit disapointed...I now have 7 females, and 3 males.
either I will have to go shopping for a few fella's (DNA'd before purchase!) Or I will start looking for someone with two male lovies they would like to trade for two female's...
Not sure what I will do yet. I will have to think about it long and hard.
I was hoping to have 5 large cages in the bird room,,,,not 3 large and 4 smaller ones. (no matter what there are 4 female lovies that have to be housed seperately, as I cant put two females in the same cage together)
I was so hoping the Lutino was a male...after all both of its parents were Lutino's so I had a 50/50 chance there....
Oh well....I will figure it out.
Take care,
Lori

Keltoth
07-12-2005, 02:15 PM
D'oh! I know your pain, but opposite; at one point, I was at 6 males and 3 females. If I hadn't been able to send one to live with my oldest son, I would have been SOL.

BarbieH
07-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Lori, I feel your pain. The numbers here are 6-2 male-female, three guys for every hen. If we lived closer to each other, we could make some exchanges perhaps. :)

LauraO
07-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Me too, we are 11 male to 6 females here. Of course, it used to be the other way around. After four years, I've given up trying to make it even :rofl:

bellarains
07-12-2005, 02:59 PM
I believe Linda also has an abundance of males. Maybe a nice trip to the beach is what you need ;)

I'm sure all will work out eventually. That bird room your hubby is making will just need to be rearranged a bit :)

linda040899
07-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Lori (sparkette),
Come on down to Florida. My last clutch of babies was 1 Green Peachie and 4 Lutinos. I'm pretty sure 3 of those Lutinos are males. Two are spoken for but I've got and an extra male Lutino............ I usually have more males than females, except in my Abby aviary. With my Abbys, I'm beginning to believe that males are an endangered gender (especially with Franci and Dot around)!!!

bellarains
07-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Finally!!!!

I see that little kitty :rofl:

Sparkette65
07-12-2005, 07:51 PM
The Kitty is cool....but he cant kill my mousie....he is invincible!!! LOL

You guys always make me smile....somehow, someway I will end up with a couple of male lovies in the near future....
Just have to get the ones I have to brainwash hubby! MUuhaahaahaa!!

I am not looking to even out the sexes in the bird room,,,,just to have at least 5 males....so that means, at least two more lovies!!!

will let you all know how the brainwashing goes..... *evil laughing fills the air* MUuhaahaahaa!!!!

take care,
Lori