PDA

View Full Version : I was bored...so I decided I want a family

Christian
12-09-2007, 02:41 PM
I was thinking, wouldn't it be cute if I had a family of lovebirds..
Estrella (star), luna (moon), cielo (sky), and sol (sun)! haha, I think I have the birdie fever! :rofl:

michael
12-09-2007, 05:24 PM
We like to refer to this awful condition as MBS. This highly contagious pathological illness has the ability to infect humans of any species even though they may not be closely related. The virus that causes this has yet to be identified and many don't know their infected until its too late. There's absolutely no cure that we know of but there are many options to help patients feel more comfortable should they survive and have to live with it. Here's a couple links to lists of various medications available for humans that can also be given to lovebirds to help stop the spread of this horrible disease. :( .................Michael and Goofy

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20858734-5006016,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20858736-5006016,00.html

Flapjack
12-09-2007, 06:46 PM
That would be cute. I thought I only wanted one bird. Then along came Chino, and I still want a caique, and a buddy for Jack.
I have Flapjack, Flappuccino, and guess what the next one will be....

FLAPDANCER!!!:rofl: :rotfl :rofl:

Sweetpeaches
12-09-2007, 06:50 PM
me too! just "thot" i wanted one...now i have bailey....and peaches!

RicosPoppy
12-10-2007, 08:40 AM
I was thinking, wouldn't it be cute if I had a family of lovebirds..
Estrella (star), luna (moon), cielo (sky), and sol (sun)! haha, I think I have the birdie fever! :rofl:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who strickly prefers spanish names for their birds. Even though I only have 1, for now.

LauraO
12-10-2007, 09:31 AM
The problem with more birdies is they still need to be cared for and paid attention to when life gets busy8o . I love my birds and my life would not be the same without them, but my life is SERIOUSLY hampered by having them8o .

Besides, less birdies means more lovin' for Estrella;) .

beckyg
12-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Okay, according to that link my name means tied, bound...

Christian, I think it would be very cute! :D Yes, I think you need to be treated for birdie fever.

lucky melatonin
12-10-2007, 03:24 PM
i want another one too. mainly so francis could have a friend while i'm at school. i just fear if i did get another one, that they wouldn't get along :(
i would name my next one woodstock, or elton john hahahaha. my mom got a kick out of that one. we were listening to "crocodile rock" and i was like, hey,i think if i get another bird i'd name it elton john. :rofl:

Estee
12-10-2007, 04:19 PM
In all seriousness, I have TERRIBLE birdie fever. I am making myself wait through a full year with Tutti Frutti before I commit to caring for more. I want to experience all the seasons, and all the changes the seasons bring (schedules, holidays, travel etc) before making what is hopefully a 20 year commitment.

Even if I did add two more lovies to our family (a la Janie) I am not sure that that would ever cure me of wanting more. So I might try to stick with one, unless I felt that he were lonely.

But I saw two adorable black-beaked babies at Parrots of the World today. And I pine after Rachel's Slim... :)

Eliza
12-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Ah, MBS... I don't know how I have avoided a full-blown attack so far. It's been difficult, I know, since there is no vaccine and no cure...

Christian, there's nothing wrong with slowly adding to your flock over time, if you think it's something you want to commit to. Just give it a lot of thought. If you have doubts, wait.

-e-

Christian
12-10-2007, 10:41 PM
There is no way I have the time or money to get more baby birdies at this time, plus I don't think it would be fair for Estrella...but they do have irresistible little faces:) I think it would be adorable to have my little family..but I know its not really feasible :(

~I like the spanish names because Spanish is my minor in college, and I went to Spain for five weeks over the summer...so this way I can incorporate something I love into the name of my lovie...

michael
12-11-2007, 07:05 AM
The problem with more birdies is they still need to be cared for and paid attention to when life gets busy8o . I love my birds and my life would not be the same without them, but my life is SERIOUSLY hampered by having them8o .
Besides, less birdies means more lovin' for Estrella;) .

There is no way I have the time or money to get more baby birdies at this time, plus I don't think it would be fair for Estrella...but they do have irresistible little faces:) I think it would be adorable to have my little family..but I know its not really feasible :(

If I could, Goof would have "one" more little friend around as a possible companion. Maybe in the future this will happen. Ohh...I've wanted for many years to keep an African grey along with other species too, but comparing lifespans, time/care, cost and other factors always made the final decision. I truly admire poeple who value the time they spend with their pets along with their own time they need for themselves and others too. At least we know there's a darned good "remedy" with very little cost involved :)...............Michael and Goofy