PDA

View Full Version : Favorite place to perch..

Teri
12-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Cooper's got a new favorite place to perch when she's out of her cage.. the top of my head!:omg: I have mixed feeling bout this new favorite perching spot.. on the positive side it alows us to spend time together without her constantly trying to bite ..the negative really don't want my baby poopin on me head or down my neck :rolleyes:

anyway thought it might be fun to hear the crazy places your birds like to perch.

share share share! :happy:

tquack
12-10-2007, 01:25 PM
yummy

carrier
12-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Fenway has taken to perching on a painting I have framed and hanging in my living room. Why? Because I don't like him to be there!:rofl: :rofl:

I shoo him, and now Wrigley (monkey see, monkey do) off of that thing several times a day. :rolleyes:

Other than that, they usually chill out on the boing.

tquack
12-10-2007, 02:26 PM
yeah, I have 3 paintings in the room where I let them out and they like to perch (and poop) on them all! :D

Buy A Paper Doll
12-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Melody's new favorite place to perch: The top of her momma's head. And yes, the warm poop sliding down your face / hair / neck / behind your ear ... EW.

Milo's new favorite place to perch: The plant shelf which is 10 feet high. Guess who's gonna get a wing clip?

Flapjack
12-10-2007, 07:47 PM
I can't keep Jack off my head either- I reach up and take him down CONSTANTLY. I don't know how to get him to stop landing there. Other than that, he likes a vase on my mantle. Although not a perch, his favorite place to be when not on my head is in the window sheers.

thebubbleking
12-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Pretty much anywhere they are not supposed to be lol
And you think the head is bad? Try haveing them perch on your glasses and drop presents on your lip! Or worse in your moustache lol

LauraO
12-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Since we moved, most of our lovies and meyer's parrots like to perch on the lamp shade cover the bedroom or living room lights. These are the highest places in the house, which they naturally gravitate towards. It's also new because most bedrooms and living rooms in Hawaii don't have built in lighting so we never had to deal with this before.

I also got a hanging orbital gym for the lovies that hangs right by a big window, which they also like to perch on.

When I'm in the bird room or the adjacent room, I got lovies perchin' all over the place. They are on my head, my shoulders, climbing down my arms, in my shirt, everywhere:rofl: .

Estee
12-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Today I had a lorikeet scuttle right up onto my head in Parrots of the World. It wouldn't let go-- I thought its claws nearly pulled my hair off! But my kids thought it was HYSTERICAL. :roll:

Tutti's favorite perch is on the top bar of of our inddor hammock chair. He sings an opera from there.

Flapjack
12-10-2007, 09:07 PM
The ceiling fans are are HUGE favorite, too. Jack hops from one blade to the next and gets it spinning (slowly, of course). It's really funny :happy:

Pips mom
12-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Pip likes to land on heads too, but he doesn't do it that often and when he does, he doesn't stay there too long. He does love to go places where he shouldn't, and he knows when I shoo him off---ohhh good, I don't belong here! my new favorite spot! :lol He likes to climb up and down the curtains, but mostly hangs out on top of and on the sides of the tiel's cage. I have a nice set-up for him on the side with some perches and toys and swing and he seems to enjoy this spot as it is nearby his tiel buddies (who really don't like him much! but he don't care)----he likes them and who cares what they think! He can still harass them and have fun, and that's all that really matters! :happy: He really doesn't bother them all that much and they really seem to tolerate him ok----they just used to having a little green monster hanging out on their cage! :roll:

Birdladyblue
12-11-2007, 06:37 AM
If you want you could try to encourage it sit on your shoulder by putting some hair tie (safe for birds) in a small ponytail on the side of you hair if you want to encourage the bird to sit on. It just might think it is a new toy play area.

butterfly1061
12-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Favorite place to perch...hmmm... Piper's is on my head, Molly's is on my shoulder, Daise's is on my shoulder, Olivia gets as far away from me as she can so she doesn't get caught doing something she's not suppose to, and the babies (Harry & Potter) like to perch all over me, but Potter doesn't want my hands near him :rolleyes: Did I get all of them?

KiwiMango
12-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Darla's favorite are my head, esp when I'm getting ready in the morning...my own personal hair designer. She also loves 'her' red couch, one particular kitchen chair which looks terrible now with her poop that I just never get around to cleaning, and the window sill in the kitchen where she watches me make dinner and do dishes...she thinks I'm cooking for her and she gets to sneak a drink:) wow does she rule the house!

Eliza
12-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Beetle seemed to like my shoulders. He'd always nibble along the sides of the seams on my t-shirts. I can't bear to part with a few grungy, old sleep t's because those little holes remind me of him!

He also enjoyed running back and forth on top of the couch. I used to drape different toys long there for him to play with :)

Jally
12-12-2007, 05:26 AM
During the day, Peanut's favorite nap place is in the curtain. I have it pulled back to one side and clipped with a clothespin. He can snuggle right in there and doze off. So precious! To play, he likes the budgie's cage. I have some rope perches, hanging toys, a foraging basket with toys in it that he likes to throw out and watch fall, etc all over the budgie's cage.

michael
12-12-2007, 06:02 AM
When Goof's in his cage he perches against his bird buddy and cage and pouts while staring at me. When he's out he's usually on my shoulder or hand. When he gets a little naughty the coat rack is "the" hideout for him. Next fun perch is on top of the cupboard in the kitchen where he makes all kinds of racket. I'll pretend I'm looking for him while saying "where's Goofy?" "where's Goofy?". He gets really quite unit I leave and then flys to my shoulder and gives me an ear full.............Goofy and Michael:)

Teri
12-12-2007, 08:55 AM
lol a lot of creative trouble making lil lovies out there! Thanks for sharing!