PDA

View Full Version : Frequent cage moving?

sphinxface
12-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Do you think, if I did it roughly the same time every day, within an hours time, that moving his entire cage would be ok? My room is set up to be dark so I can sleep during the day but I want my lovie to be close to me when I am home to be with him. So I thought every morning when I get home I could move him into my room, then when I want to go to sleep I'll move him back so he can see the sun... do you think it will work or will the change freak him out? How can I tell if he's upset with the constant moving??
My room has dark red carpet and green walls, and the other room is white, it's pretty drastic... But the other room is half a storage room and it's pretty boring and uncomfortable in there soooo...

Pips mom
12-16-2007, 12:29 PM
I would give the cage moving thing a try-----he probably won't care much about the move, and may even like it since he gets to be closer to you that way! Just watch his behavior and see if it's different after moving it---you will be able to tell if he's bothered by the move. Chances are good though that as long as he has his familiar cage, and you, he will be ok with the move-----and if he isn't right off, he would probably adjust to it in a short time.

dmj64
12-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Lovies are very resilient. I move my buddies' cage around frequently (indoors and outside). Sometimes I put the cage in the back of my truck and bring them to work with me. They seem to enjoy the change of scenery.

gigi
12-16-2007, 02:38 PM
gigi is never in her cage when im at home. its usually in my room or in the hallway and i open up the door in the morning and out she comes. now that i dont have cats here anymore, she gets full run of the house but will only stay in the rooms where people are.

Screamer
12-16-2007, 06:25 PM
i move my cage once in awhile and she does not seem to have a problem with it.

LauraO
12-17-2007, 12:58 PM
I think moving the cage is a great idea since it means spending more time with him. As others noted, lovies are resiliant and once Beezle realizes what is happening he'll adjust. Of course, I would still see how he reacts after awhile to make sure he gets used to it.

You may want to consider setting up a play area in the other room so he can be out of his cage playing.

sphinxface
12-18-2007, 09:58 AM
I think moving the cage is a great idea since it means spending more time with him. As others noted, lovies are resiliant and once Beezle realizes what is happening he'll adjust. Of course, I would still see how he reacts after awhile to make sure he gets used to it.

You may want to consider setting up a play area in the other room so he can be out of his cage playing.

That will be great when he finally decides to come all the way out.

He jumps to the door all the time but he wont come out. I've played with things before in my hand and he'll get really excited like he wants to jump out but never does :P

lucky melatonin
12-18-2007, 10:10 AM
i move mine's cage every weekend, 45mins away! every friday, me and francis pack up and i put him in his carrying cage and put his big cage in the back of my car, and we go stay at my mom's. when i move the cage into my mom's no matter where i put it, he's the same as always, and that's a drastic move!

i think mainly he's just happy to get out of the carrying cage :)

Mummieeva
12-18-2007, 12:51 PM
I to think it will be fine. Due to the cold weather Drac is being moved to my bedroom at night then in mornings he goes to the living room(or dinning room).

Steph