PDA

View Full Version : Guess who sat on my hand yesterday?

alwaysodile
12-17-2007, 01:17 PM
:happy:

Last night I held some millet in my palm and perched El on to my wrist. Slowly but surely she stepped over my bracelet (after a quick nibble :nyah:) and sat on my palm for her feast!

I've often offered millet in this way, but she's never trusted my fingers before.

This morning, she let me perch her on my hand. :D Now I just have to teach her "step-up" all over again with my hand/fingers!

She's also quickly learning the word "shoulder" when I accompany it with two pats marking the spot where I want her to land (shoulder, obviouisly!). She's so confident lately and her taming is coming on in leaps and bounds! :happy:

I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present! :)

beckyg
12-17-2007, 02:23 PM
:clap Yay! Congratulations! It is amazing how it feels to know your lovie is trusting you!

Screamer
12-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Congratulations, that's great Have fun

LauraO
12-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Congrats on the progress you've been making with El. It sounds like you've worked hard to build a trusting relationship that's alllowed all the progress.

While having tame babies are nice, I've found greater rewards in the relationships I've developed with the more wild or rescued birds in my life.

Keep up the good work......Oh, and Elphie is a cutie :D :D

wilkiecoco
12-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Great update!! That's great that you and Elphie are starting to trust each other so much. Makes all the effort and patience so worthwhile!! :happy:

And may I say, Elphie is one cute lovie! :)

michael
12-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Keep up the good work Elphie! You'll have Becky trained in no time! :D ..............Michael and Goofy

Sweetpeaches
12-17-2007, 04:48 PM
oh what a feeling!

thebubbleking
12-17-2007, 04:54 PM
yay :D

Moonfox
12-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Congratulations! I'll have to try that with my lovvie. In fact, mum's buying the millet for me as we speak :D.

alwaysodile
12-21-2007, 05:25 AM
Keep up the good work Elphie! You'll have Becky trained in no time! :D ..............Michael and Goofy

Too true, gentlemen, too true! :rofl:

Thanks all! :happy: