PDA

View Full Version : Bird Treat Recall

linda040899
01-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Cross posted with permission:

Stealth Recall: United Pet Group Pet Treats
Posted on Friday, January 4th, 2008 at 7:00 am in National Dog, Cat & Pet Info, Other Pets, Pet Food Recalls & Safety. By Emily Huh On the FDA¢s Enforcement Report, dated December 26, 2007, there was a recall involving various United Pet Group products. United Pet Group owns various brands including 8 in 1, Dingo, Tetra, Nature¢s Miracle, and Marineland.

Here are the details from the report:

FDA Enforcement Report December 26, 2007

PRODUCT
a) Wild Harvest Fruit and Honey Cockatiel, Recall # V-021-2008;
b) Ecotrition Tropical Fruit and Honey Bars, Recall # V-022-2008;
c) Wild Harvest Hamster, Gerbil, Mouse & Rat Honey Cakes, Recall # V-023-2008

CODE
a) Lot: 07096 and Lot: 07108;
b) and c) Lot: 07096

RECALLING FIRM/MANUFACTURER
United Pet Group Inc., Cincinnati, OH, by telephone and letter. Firm initiated recall is ongoing.

REASON
Pet treats were imported from China. LOS-DO sampled the treats and they were positive for melamine. The shipments were placed on hold for redelivery and was erroneously shipped into commerce.

VOLUME OF PRODUCT IN COMMERCE
54,178 units

DISTRIBUTION
AZ, CA, FL, MI, NJ, NY, TX, and WA

We contacted United Pet Group, but we did not receive a response from the company in time for press.

Also, Menusux pointed out that these products have showed up several times on the FDA OASIS Refusals Reports for September, October, and November of 2007.

Source: FDA Enforcement Report, FDA OASIS Refusals

http://www.itchmo (http://www.itchmo/). com/stealth- recall-united- pet-group- pet-treats- 4443

Seasonspeech19
01-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Melamine in pet food now? This is becoming close to ridiculous.

I've never used these products.

China's domestic and export industry seems to be so incredibly unregulated and dangerous.

michael
01-05-2008, 04:44 AM
Very interesting. A crystaline chemical used for producing plastics. Taking the place of gluten maybe? Hmmmm....I'd say between this and those wonderful toys everybody's been talking about we might just have a small problem with China. Maybe perhaps we're expecting a little too much from them :whistle:........Thanks Linda.

ladyscroller
01-05-2008, 10:52 AM
This is just getting ridiculous. Perhaps we should stop dealing with China for the safety of our children and pets.

Screamer
01-05-2008, 01:24 PM
I consider a " made in china" label as a warning label.

linda040899
01-05-2008, 01:34 PM
I consider a " made in china" label as a warning label.
I can't say I disagree with you on that! :omg:

Wheeliegirl
01-06-2008, 04:08 PM
A result of the "free trade agreement".

It's going to kill us, our pets and our environment. Why does our nation do so much business with a country that still kills baby girls because their worth is perceived to be less than that of a boy's?

Sorry, I don't want to use this board to be political.

The only treats I give Peachie is Nutriberries, and I'll only feed her food that is made in the US.