PDA

View Full Version : New 2 birds -- Sleeping

FLINT
01-06-2008, 05:36 PM
I am trying to give 2 lovies seperate attention. I watch TV/read with one "Spiffy". The other cuddles with me while I sleep. Both about 6months - sex unknown. Once by accident - now I am now making a habit of it. "Buddy" vibrates and loves it. It has helped to tame and strengthen our bond. What do you think?-- Is this unusual?

Do you think they can be jealous? It is difficult to explain but I think they are?

bellarains
01-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Jealousy is a perfectly normal thing for birds, just like humans or other pets, so sounds normal to me:)

Now, please, please do not sleep with your birds. We have had a few members here kill their little ones while sleeping with them, and I would hate to hear of anything like that happening with yours. The number one rule around here is know where your birds are at all times, if you can't give them 100% of your attention, their cage is the safest place.

Janie
01-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Do you think they can be jealous? It is difficult to explain but I think they are?

OMG, YES, YES, YES! :D My bird, Shy, is so jealous it is pathetic! He can't stand it for a second if either Oliver or Big Boi is on me. Oddly enough Oliver and Big Boi are not jealous and that helps the situation a little bit. Oliver, being my bestest birdie in the world, gets a lot of alone time with me....always when I'm on the computer (he's on my shoulder napping right now) and I make sure that Big Boi also gets time out with me. The three do get along together but when I walk in to the room, Shy is on me like white on rice.

Ditto to Lori's advice about sleeping (even dozing) with your lovebird. I've heard and read too many horror stories about that.