PDA

View Full Version : Bird-wordisms

joybelles
07-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Her-B has been a tremendous addition to my life (like I really HAD to tell you that) but I've noticed that I've come up with some words using Herb's name, I do it so much that my nephews do the same. The words have speical meanings that are a little different than you might think. This is something that I've wanted to do for a while but never took the time. So in the tradition of Ambrose Bierce's Devil's Dictionary here goes; I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to come up with your own and add to the list.

Her-bi-tis - 1 (n) an ailment usually rendered benign when exposed to lovebirds 2 (v) the state of being owned by 60 grams of feathers, conjugated thusly: I am herbed, you are herbed, we are all herbed. It is considered a psychological disorder liked closly to OCD: obsessive compulsive disorder. The sufferer experiences and ususally will act upon the need to join the Dark Side and then denies its existence.

Epa-her-ba-dit-o-mus - (n) exposure to lovebirds in epic proportions.

Her-ba-side - (v) to have physical possession of a lovebird, usually on one's shoulder, or in one's shirt.

Her-ba-tude - (n) 1 usually applied to the lovebird "owner" meaning one who has great understanding and compassion for lovebirds, 2 usually applied to the lovebird itself meaning a bird (or living entity) having a hen like disposition vis-a-vis: biting is usually not far away.

Her-b-derby - (n) dropping from a lovebird usually throughly inspected by the lovebird "owner" for consistency, color and count, otherwise known as the three c's of bird "ownership". It is a tail-tell sign that one is the "owner" of a bird when seen in public wearning herbderbies.

BarbieH
07-14-2005, 11:44 AM
That got my attention. :D

Birdectomy: The act of removing a lovebird from one's shoulder, head, etc., in order to return it to some other place that it doesn't want to go.

Bready-fuddy-time: A time of day in which lovebirds demand birdy bread.

Henny-Pennyness: Gracie-like hormonal behavior.

Shred fest: Unstoppable shredding that usually precedes nesting.

Banana riot: Self explanatory. :eek:

Buy A Paper Doll
07-14-2005, 08:01 PM
How fun! OK ...

Poop-ec-to-my (n): The successful removal of bird poop from one's clothing in one clean swipe, without leaving a smudge.

kimsbirds
07-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Lip-ectomy: removal of one's lip(s) manually by a lovebirds beak

Finger-rash-atitis: the look/feel of one's hand after repeated puncture wounds from a lovebirds beak

Lobe-ectomy: removal/loss of one's earlobe manually by a lovebirds beak

Toesie-botomy: self explanatory

I'm thinkin' of more, gimme a few

Buy A Paper Doll
07-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Forgot one:

Beep-beep (n): The chubby abdomen of a certain violet lovebird. To be used with caution as the phrase "I'm gonna get your beep-beep!" could result in said lovebird biting the nearest nostril in retaliation.

joybelles
07-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Jennifer, that is truly brave.

Kim, have scars from a lipectomy performed by a larger surgeon: Amigo - Yellow nape amazon.

Y'all are doing great! This is fun, keep it going.

joybelles
07-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Her-ba-cane (n) the process of molting or the remains of eaten mullet. Prefix is changedable, i.e., Amigo-cane, Q.Ta.-cane, Sammacane, you get the idea.