PDA

View Full Version : Pooper Problem

LauraO
07-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Well I've been noticing lately that Cookie doesn't pooper when he's in his cage. He only seems to poop when he's on top of it. I've had the last two weeks off so I hadn't really been noticing it, but lately everytime he's been in his cage for a few hours he poops a GIGANTIC pooper. I know this is unhealthy, any suggestions.

OH! And I thought cherry poops were bad enough with lovebirds. Try dealing with a cherry poopin' from a Meyer's parrot who's been in their cage for four hours :eek:.

bellarains
07-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Laura,

What kind of perch is Cookie on when he poops on top of the cage? Or is he on a perch. Cappie only poops off of a certain perch in his cage, or when I hold him over a sink. I was thinking if he was on a perch on top of the cage, maybe the same kind of perch inside his cage would work for a poopin spot.

Well, that's all I got :rolleyes:

LauraO
07-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Actually he either poops off his cage or off is rope perch on the outside of his cage. He has two rope perches inside his cage so I don't think that's it.

bellarains
07-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Well.....

I told ya I didn't have much :roll:

I guess Mr. Cookie just doesn't wanna poop in his house???? Sorry, that's no help either :rolleyes:

Them morning poops are a bit scary though aren't they :omg: The bigger the bird,the bigger the poop. That's what I always say. I think that's the reason I have been so successful in not getting an Amazon or African Grey, both which I just love. I'm good with the little lovie squiggles, and Cappie's only big poop is in the morning. My hubby has also gotten used to the the little poops, but I gotta a feeling he would just totally freak out over the gigantic poops of the bigger parrots :omg: