PDA

View Full Version : Another Lovie??????

LauraO
07-15-2005, 01:50 PM
I can't believe it but I'm thinking of getting another lovie. I in no way doubt I have more than enough. It's just that Chewie is starting to covet all the females in the house and he's the only unattached lovie. If I got him a mate he may also spend a little less time nibbling, biting and antagonizing me ;). Of course, I've already decided I'm not going to buy one. Instead, I'll wait to see if someone has a female they are trying to find a home for. I'm done with spending money on birds especially when so many need homes :) .

Paulette
07-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Does it still count as the "dark side" if it's free or is that only when it involves money?
Why, I definately think it's an excellent solution. :)
paulette

Joanie Noel
07-15-2005, 06:39 PM
:rofl: - Paulette

Laura, there's no shame in buying just one more lovebird. Just don't use that excuse too many times, because that "one more lovebird" can turn into 50 rather rapidly. :rofl:

~ Joanie

shylevon
07-15-2005, 10:54 PM
The side is even darker when the birdies are free.

'Cept there ain't nothin' 'bout a lovie that is free. Ask my bank account that is $700 lower this month because of free birds.

LauraO
07-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Shy: There was never a more true statement. I guess what I meant by free is I'm not wanting to purchase a bird from a breeder or pet store, but give a bird a home who needs one.

shylevon
07-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Oh, I do know what you meant, Laura. :)

My home would be filled stock full of lovies if it could be, just like I am sure your's would be. ;) And not just the ones that need good homes, the ones I had fidnapped from good homes, too.

The dark side draws us near, but the lovie in need of a home grips our hearts in a hold far to tight to back away from. I wasn't even considering more lovies, till three dire and near dead cases appeared at my door. Ah, money be ******, 'lovies galore' is my new mantra. I still have that two foot stretch of curtain rod above my bedroom window that will surely perch four or five more.

Bring 'em on, I say.

Mummieeva
07-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Laura, Petfinder.com is a wonderful place to find lovies needing a home. Thats were I got mine.

Steph

p3rr4n
07-20-2005, 01:52 AM
Yeah free birds are an even DARKER part of the dark side.

YEW ARE ALL EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

:happy: :rofl: