PDA

View Full Version : My lovie Buck

Brooke
01-19-2008, 09:14 AM
I am trying really hard to work with my lovie to not snap at me he is doing better..I have heard to teach him not to snap when he does I should put him in a big brown bag for a little bit and it will teach him not to bite?? I also think that sometimes I give in to him too much :confused:

Janie
01-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Brooke, I hope you're joking about the brown bag. That would ruin any chance of a trusting relationship with Buck and I can't imagine where you read or heard that doing that would help.... it would most definitely not.

When you say "snap" I am assuming you mean bite, right? You need to figure out what you are doing to cause the bites and then change your behavior. Don't expect Buck to change his behavior, he would not have any idea how to do that. Read through the Behavior and Taming section of the forum.

Eliza
01-19-2008, 09:32 AM
I have heard to teach him not to snap when he does I should put him in a big brown bag for a little bit and it will teach him not to bite?? :confused:

I have never heard of such a thing! I can't imagine that would do anything towards helping Buck. If anything, it would frighten him and possibly cause him to mistrust you.

Please follow Janie's advice and read the Behavior & Taming section of the forum. You might also find the Biters Anonymous section to be helpful.

Sweetpeaches
01-19-2008, 11:09 AM
oh my..a brown bag? never heard of that one either...hope nobody else does as that would not be a good thing to do! sometimes you have to be careful where you get your information. this is a wonderful forum that has lots of advice on biting...besides the behavior & taming section, it's good to go through related threads also...good luck with buck!

thebubbleking
01-19-2008, 03:37 PM
My lovies play in paper bags i put treats in them but i would never use it as a punishment!

Boo is a snappy bitey hen but i have learned to avoid bites in several ways,
i know what she considers her nest or living area and dont go there unless shes out, i notice shes more nippy in the morning and before she sleeps so i avoid that time, and i got diveing gloves to protect my hands incase i need to get her in an emergency or to change her food or water.

But the 2 best things i have found are what everyone says, time and patience!

Brooke
01-19-2008, 08:37 PM
OK!! Well I heard the bag Idea from a neighbor of mine who has two birds. I will try something else