PDA

View Full Version : Maximillion Pionus!!!

Paulette
07-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Ok....so I'm babysitting this bird for a friend at work's wife....it loves head scrittches....it bit the crap out of my finger :omg: yesterday afternoon when I tried to put it back in the cage (thank goodness it was the fingernail part of my finger) but it was like getting pinched in a vice :roll: . I'm typing away here this morning and I hear what sounds like crushing wood. I look up and she's hanging off the edge of the cage knawing on the door frame! : :mad: Nice!!!! Real Nice!!! I had her cage in front of an old wood dish cabinet that belonged to my grandma) in the kitchen and the owner says, "she will chew on that wood when you let her out", so I moved her away from there. Sheeesh!!! And I thought babysitting would be fun??? What was I thinking??? :x
paulette

linda040899
07-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Paulette,
One thing about parrots is that they chew anything and everything! I live with 5 of them so I can tell you that from first hand experience!!! Used to be that I could leave them out and they would not get into trouble but when Ginger (CAG) discovered wood, it seems like they all did. Now, unless I'm home, all go in their cages and the cages are far enough away from everything that busy beaks can't touch! I just make sure they have things to amuse themselves with while I'm gone.