PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy that cage from?

AiSell
01-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Hello! I have four lovebirds and I am going to have 6 more. A friend of mine is going to give them to me because he is leaving the city and there is no one who can leave them to. The cage that I have is enough for my 4 babies but considering the coming 6 they are going to be 10 totally. So I plan to buy a new cage, bigger than what I have, to provide enough room for all birds. I am double minded between these two cages and I would like to give me an advice. Which one do you think is gonna be more comfortable and providing more space for executing flights for my babies? http://www.birdscomfort.com/flight_bird_cage.html or http://www.birdscomfort.com/parrot_aviary_cage.html
Thank you in advance!

butterfly1061
01-24-2008, 11:46 AM
The first cage is the better choice. The rounded cage is not good as is doesn't provide birds with a sense of security. The square cage does. I have three of the square cages and I love them! :)

carrier
01-24-2008, 01:00 PM
I bought the top cage for my two last month and they LOVE it!

One day I hope to have a home as nice as theirs....;)

michael
01-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Three strikes and the second ones out! I agree the first ones a home run. Not a bad price either. Hopefully the doors have decent latches in case Houdini decides to make a reappearance :).

LauraO
01-24-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm wondering how many lovebirds you are looking to put into one cage? I would expect some troubles if you get the smaller cage. In fact, ten lovebirds are going to be very difficult to house together in general. Lovebirds are aggressive and territorial with each other, which can lead to injury and death.

Janie
01-24-2008, 03:14 PM
The first cage is a good size for one or two birds, tops! I have two sharing a cage just a little bigger than that one.

I'm afraid that ten birds in a cage that size would be a disaster.

Flapjack
01-24-2008, 06:30 PM
My gcc's cage is very similar to the first one, and he's alone.
My lovebird is in a cage I created from his original baby cage, then added a flight cage to the bottom, and he's alone.
Personally I agree with the others, that the cage is WAY too small for many lovebirds. If I had absolutely no other choice, I would put maybe 3 in that cage.

zlatushka
01-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Besides the concerns that others have voiced about housing so many lovies in that size space there are a couple other concerns I felt I should add:

1. Even though you know where these birds are coming from, I would still highly suggest that you observe quarantine. This means keeping the new birds away from your birds (completely separate airspace) for a minimum of 30 days.

2. Even if you get a cage big enough to house all 10 lovies together (and that would be one BIG cage!:lol ), there is no guarantee that they will get along. As Laura mentioned, lovies are highly territorial and you're likely to end up with injured (or dead!:eek: ) birds.

Rather than looking for one huge cage (which might be prohibitively expensive), you might look for several good sized cages in which you could house pairs.

Janie
01-25-2008, 08:52 AM
If I had absolutely no other choice, I would put maybe 3 in that cage.

Be very careful with three in the same cage. From what I've read that rarely works. Two might gang up on the third and that could lead to injury or death. My three happen to get along well but I would never put all three in the same cage. If I remember correctly a good mix is "two" or "six" and if it's six, the cage needs to be aviary size.

Flapjack
01-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Good to know, Janie :)

Someday I may get Jack a husband, but I wouldn't get TWO more lovies.

If Jack had been a boy, like he was told :rotfl , I was thinking about getting a male someday, now that she's become so good at laying eggs, I'm not so sure.