PDA

View Full Version : Lovebird magazine?

lemonypickett
01-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Anyone suggest a lovebird magazine or avian magazine that is not too focused on the larger parrot species?

wilkiecoco
01-26-2008, 09:23 PM
the best bird magazine i've found is Birdtalk magazine. they do focus on big birds, but there is always articles and stories about small parrots as well. it is one of my favorite mags, and it comes out once a month. :)

wilkiecoco
01-26-2008, 09:26 PM
http://www.birdchannel.com/bird-magazines/bird-talk/default.aspx

you can check out this month's issue at this link. in fact, they have parrotlets on the cover, the smallest parrot there is!! :)

Jally
01-27-2008, 06:29 AM
I have this issue and love it! They have quite a bit of info on the smaller birds. This issue made me want to order a subscription :)

Janie
01-27-2008, 08:53 AM
I agree, BirdTalk is the best. I've subscribed for 4 years and learn something new with every issue. While I don't have, and don't intend to have, larger parrots, I do like reading about them. They cover the largest to the smallest species. :)

cp.lovebird
01-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Oooh, thanks for the link! I have looked at this magazine several times in the store. Now I am going to get out and buy the February Issue and check it out! I am researching Parrotlets and want to see what they say. :)

Pips mom
01-27-2008, 04:18 PM
I really enjoy my birdtalk magazine as well. They seem to have articles on every kind of bird! Even had one a while back about Pionus, that said---easy as "Pi" because Pionus are supposed to be such good birds! This is the type of bird I was planning on getting, maybe in the spring. This last issue had a big picture of Pip! well-----it wasn't Pip, but it sure looked like him! and it had a story in there about a girl who went to costa rica to work at a rescue/zoo ------I want to go!!! lol
Anyway, I send my copy of birdtalk to a friend who is a foster mom to rescue birds when I am done reading them, so that way we can both enjoy them! there are lots of ads in there too, but this is also where I found the breeder where I am hoping to get my bluehead Pi!

lemonypickett
01-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks guys, I am going with that one.

I got a year subscription which came with a free 2008 calendar for $13.99.
This was on the birdchannel.com website.

Better price of $13.49 was found on magsforcheap.com, but I wanted to give the business to the birdchannel.com site, as I am sure they get paid for me using a link off their site. Well worth helping support them for an extra .49 as that site has lots of great info.