PDA

View Full Version : wooden perches

lucky melatonin
01-28-2008, 09:55 AM
my cage has these wooden perches and i really hate them. they are hard to clean, and after you get them cleaned, they are still stained. i also wonder about getting them wet too when i clean them, they take so long to dry...can this cause mold or bother the birds???

is there something i can get to cover these wooden perches, if so where?

beckyg
01-28-2008, 10:12 AM
I don't know about covering them, but I read on here about puting them in the oven for a little bit after you clean them. Or setting them in the sun. I don't know the details about cooking them, but I am pretty sure it was on this site that I read it.

(I know, I am not much help :D) LOL!

lucky melatonin
01-28-2008, 10:33 AM
ohhh actually you are because i hadn't thought of that. nice, thanks.

Mummieeva
01-28-2008, 12:31 PM
When I clean my wooden perches I leave them on a towel next to a window so the sun drys them out. Normally i get a extra set of them also so i can switch them out. I use a toothbrush that i buy just for cleaning the cage also. it seems to help.

Steph

wilkiecoco
01-28-2008, 06:40 PM
my friend is a vet, so she gave me vet tape, like the kind used to hold a bandage in place. it comes in nice colors, and adheres to itself. i don't use the wooden perches that came with the cage anymore, but i used to change the tape every few days or so, by wrapping it around the perch. it was clean and easy, and made it easier on their little feet. :)