PDA

View Full Version : quieting down

travis
02-02-2008, 08:57 PM
It's been a while, but I still would like to thank everyone who left kind messages after my lovie Archimedes passed away later last year. I'm happy to report Amadeus is doing very well, and has actually become best friends with my pineapple green cheek conure, Skittles :) I finally introduced them in person, and they were amazing together.

Now, here's my new little dilemma. I was wondering if anyone has any tricks on how to quiet down a flock, or materials and methods to cut down on sound. My girlfriend and I moved in together, and between my two and her four (3 parakeets and a cockatiel) it sounds like a bird store. We recently got a new apartment, which is perfect for us, but it's a quiet community, and I'd like to do my best to help keep it that way. Of course I want my birds to be birds, and enjoy themselves as they sing and sometimes scream bloody murder to each other, but I wasn't sure if anyone has similar issues, or ideas on how to mute the noise.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

sphinxface
02-02-2008, 11:24 PM
I've heard of egg cartons in the walls before... don't know if its true though.. :roll:

stnduckshark
02-13-2008, 08:30 AM
i am new to all of this but i was a bedroom dj for a time in my youth and found that carpet on the walls was the best for sound dampning, but as for shuting them up now and then good luck lol!