PDA

View Full Version : bad days?

lucky melatonin
02-11-2008, 09:29 AM
are there days that your birds are just awful? most of the time, mine are good...but somedays it's like some evil spirit creeps inside of them. yesterday was one of these days. they bit me, fought with me...i'd put them back on the cage away from me and they'd fly back on me and start up again.

they are usually sweet and good. does yours ever do this on certain days??

thebubbleking
02-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Hahahaha monday through friday!
Seriously tho just like us they have good days and bad days, i have noticed that when boo gets grouchy it makes sunshine grouchy to... i guess if my hen groumbled with me and bit my feet i'd get grumpy to lol

Sweetpeaches
02-11-2008, 07:06 PM
absolutely...for the most part good days...but she has her moods..they probably are one of the most "unpredictable" little birds i know..it's like a box of cholcolates...you never know what you're going to get..lol

beckyg
02-12-2008, 10:40 AM
OMG! This morning!! I could scream!!! I was carrying on our usual routine and instead of stepping up like normal, Luna chirped(as if to say "No") and then clamped down on my finger. It wasn't hard, but then she started the grinding thing. When I didn't pull away it was like she was saying "don't you dare go against me and keep your finger there!" by grinding down until I did pull away.

-My thoughts are... its a stage...it could be hormones... she definitely needs a good wing clip... I don't know, it is very frustrating sometimes. I have noticed her being a little more cheeky now that she is getting her wings in. I am making an appt for that to be taken care of, but it kind of scares me with all the bad wing clips that I have heard of. I just don't know where to take her.

lucky melatonin
02-13-2008, 06:44 AM
ok, i was thinking, well maybe it's me and not them. but GOD they were awful, the both of them. when my boyfriend got home, i was like, get them off of me please, lock them up!!! haha, which is really not like me at all because they are never in the cage when i'm home. i couldn't get them off of me, and when i did i couldn't get them in the cage!! they'd sit on the top and the second i started to walk away they'd fly on my back and start nipping.

ahhhh. they are sweet normally, swear it!

LauraO
02-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Lovebirds are smart feeling creatures who have different moods and behaviors. They also feed a lot off of our energy which is also something to keep in mind......I usually try and be patient and let my lovies be lovies:D .

dani
02-18-2008, 11:08 AM
I think just like us, they have bad days too, perhaps triggered by a lot of little things that we mightn't be aware of. When my birds are grouchy, alot of the time, it's because i'm especially hassled or irritable, and it transfers to them. My macaw is especially sensitive, and when i am going through exam stress, he flips out too and gets grumpy and mean. the hardest thing to do is to be patient when you're busy and stretched to capacity but... i guess that's the task we undertake when we take responsibility for our fids!!:)

dani and flock