PDA

View Full Version : new here and so many questions

doro
02-11-2008, 08:13 PM
hello, i am originally from germany (thats my excuse for my bad writing in english) and live since 10 years in canada.

i am married, have 2 cute little girls (8 & 4) 1 chocolate lab, 2 cats, a fishtank.

we are looking to buy a lovebird. i am checking daily on the net about this bird, trying to learn about it.

i allready have contact with a breeder and also have another private place where i could get a baby in 3 weeks.'

so i hope someone can help me with my many questions.

i am looking to get a masque blue or a fishers green. thats my favorite's.

my question : 1 or 2 birds ??? i would like only one bird. i am home most of the time, so i could spend some time with it. if you have 2 birds, do they still bond to you as much as one alone ?

does someone also have other animals in the house and could that be a problem ?

i think a will have tons of other questions.....:blush:

thanks doro

Mummieeva
02-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi I will try and help. I am Steph and owned by a Normal green peach-faced lovebird named Dracula(he sleeps hanging like a bat).

i am looking to get a masque blue or a fishers green. thats my favorite's.What type you get is up to you. Masked lovebirds tend to be more skittish most times. But there are exceptions to the that. I would suggest going and meeting the birds in person to be sure.

my question : 1 or 2 birds ??? i would like only one bird. i am home most of the time, so i could spend some time with it. if you have 2 birds, do they still bond to you as much as one alone ? I would suggest one bird. While two can bond to you it is also added work and with your current pets and children it might be harder with two.

does someone also have other animals in the house and could that be a problem ? We have a cat and 4 kids at my home. I personally would never let the bird out of the cage unless all other animals are in another room. Also be careful with the fish tank lovebirds are very curious and they might try to go to the tank.

Steph

doro
02-13-2008, 07:44 AM
hello steph, thank you so much. i think my girls and my dog wont be a problem, but the cats ???? i know they hunters from nature.
i will go see the birds sunday and make a decision.

thank you.....doreen