PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Pieds?

MaraJade
07-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Does anyone have any pictures from the front/side of their pied lovebirds? I’ve searched online and I can only get up above pictures or ones that only show their faces and not the pied on their backs or sides.

If anyone has any pictures for me you can email them to MaraJade.27@gmail.com I have unlimited storage so any pics are fine. I’d really appreciate it. thanks.

Z28Taxman
07-18-2005, 02:27 PM
I have some pics of Ditto online. He's a pied cobalt seagreen.

Ditto bird (http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=2132856358)

MaraJade
07-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Thanks! Those are great. So cute. :)

shylevon
07-18-2005, 09:42 PM
If you look in the breeding forum you will see the post second from the top called 'Lovie hen in laying condition". There are a few pics of my pied hen, Danae.

Jezz
07-18-2005, 11:15 PM
This bird is a Cobalt Whiteface Blue Pied
http://photobucket.com/albums/v224/Jezz39/?action=view&current=Violet003.jpg

zlatushka
07-18-2005, 11:57 PM
....otherwise known as one of the most beautiful and coveted lovies around these here parts.... (and one of the most heavily guarded against fidnappers :lol )

rachel

LauraO
07-19-2005, 01:50 AM
I put together some pics of the pieds we have. They are old pics but there are a few different pied mutations.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2123549900

MaraJade
07-19-2005, 07:14 AM
wow, thanks for all the pictures everyone!
I have kind of a weird reason why I’m asking for them. I already PMed Linda about it and she’s going to get me some pics of abbys from her.

I’m getting an arm/shoulder tattoo (kind of a wrap around) that has all sorts of different parrots in it. Since lovies are my favorite I want to represent a few of my favorite types and mutations. Odds are I wouldn’t use EXACTLY the picture of anyone’s bird (Although, Jeremy, yours is pretty much what I’m looking for) but I would base part of the tattoo off of it. I have some great pics of Ditto too.

I was of course going to ask anyone who gave me pictures if this was okay. So, what do you all think? A resemblance of your bird immortalized in tattoo form? Lol.

I think I have all the pictures I’d need. So anyone who posted them who wouldn’t want me to base the tat off of their bird, just PM me or post it here. Like I said, it won’t be exactly one bird; I’m just using the pics as a base. But let me know, k?

butterfly1061
07-21-2005, 09:14 AM
Can anyone tell me about a Pied's feet coloring? Pink, Grey or mixed coloring? or Does it depend on a Pied's feather coloring?

bellarains
07-21-2005, 10:59 AM
You ain't got no pied birdies. You got's yellow birdies. You think one of your yeller birdies might be pied??????

I'm not real sure, but I think I recall a pied having a pink tosie, or not all the same colored tosies though.

butterfly1061
07-21-2005, 02:32 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well...

bellarains
07-21-2005, 02:42 PM
That's a deep subject with a wet bottom..... That's what we say here in the South about the word, "well" for those not familiar with the saying.

Give it up Ms. Jackie!!!!!!!

Janie
07-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Jackie, "well" what???????? :D

butterfly1061
07-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Ahem... Well, by the way I DO have a Pied!! So there, I said it. ;)

bellarains
07-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Liar, Liar, Pants on fire :lol

I asked you in chat if you got a new bird at the bird show and you said, and I quote, "NO, just food, toys, etc...."

Well, since you are such a big story teller, I think it's just a given that you will have new pics posted by this evening Missy!!!!! :rofl:

BTW, Who's the new lovie for????? Does he/she have a name yet???? Post me some pics, I wanna see(she whines)

butterfly1061
07-21-2005, 03:37 PM
I didn't get this one at the birdfair this weekend, I got it in June. :rofl: I named it "Piper" and I don't know the sex yet. Actually, it's for Daisy (I hope). Molly could care less as long as he has his momma. The pied is really pretty, but I may have to wait for pictures. Poor little thing is still kinda scared of everything and crouches down in my hand a lot. I'll see what I can do. It's feet are a mix of grey and pink. Is that normal?

Added: We are having a lightning/thunderstorm so I may have to wait on pictures or posting.

bellarains
07-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Well,

I just don't know what to think about you and Ms. Shy. Both of you getting new birdies and not tellin anyone. I am shocked, but as I told Shy, I know who I can tell a secret to ;)

Janie
07-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Well Miss Jackie, I am stunned! But, stunned or not, I want to see photos! Now!!!! :D

sdgilley
07-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Both of you getting new birdies and not tellin anyone. I am shocked, but as I told Shy, I know who I can tell a secret to

I seem to remember telling someone a secret... that I MIGHT get a new birdie and before I knew it - it was posted all over the place>>>Miss Lori Poo! :rofl: I know who NOT to tell a secret!!!! :rofl:

bellarains
07-21-2005, 06:59 PM
I DID NOT TELL!!!!!!

I mighta hinted a little, but I did not tell :blush:

LauraO
07-21-2005, 08:28 PM
JUNE!!!!!!!!! WOW Jackie!!! You are a woman who can keep a secret :omg: :omg: . We need pics. Saying you got a pied could mean anything :D .

Buy A Paper Doll
07-21-2005, 09:15 PM
I got it in June.

WHAT?!

All right, girly. You owe us some SERIOUS pictures. Lots of pictures. Cough 'em up!

Jezz
07-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Can anyone tell me about a Pied's feet coloring? Pink, Grey or mixed coloring? or Does it depend on a Pied's feather coloring?

Pieds usually have grey feet. Usually when they are babies it is a mix of grey and black.
Some pieds also have a mix of grey and pink toenails

butterfly1061
07-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Thanks Jeremy! I didn't know what to think.

My little Pied has grey feet and pink toes. I wondered cause I didn't want his/her little feeties to fall off :omg:

I'll try for some pictures this weekend, but remember we have been having some major heat lightning/thunderstorms in the afternoon & evenings. I hope the coloring show up good cause it is a pretty little pied. :D

Z28Taxman
07-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Thanks Jeremy! I didn't know what to think.

My little Pied has grey feet and pink toes. I wondered cause I didn't want his/her little feeties to fall off :omg:

I'll try for some pictures this weekend, but remember we have been having some major heat lightning/thunderstorms in the afternoon & evenings. I hope the coloring show up good cause it is a pretty little pied. :D

Ditto's feet are mostly grey, but he's got a little pink there too. And he loves thunderstorms. We watch them out the window together. :cool:

butterfly1061
07-22-2005, 12:06 PM
You watch the storms? :omg: Daisy runs to me and cuddles for protection and Molly stands close & tall. Molly has this look on his face like "what are these birds afraid of mom?". I'm not sure if Piper gets real scared cause they are usually in bed when the storms come through. Although Piper wants to be in the same cage as Daisy. It's too cute, but Daisy is a little jealous of Piper right now. Molly could care less :rolleyes: .

Z28Taxman
07-22-2005, 12:08 PM
You watch the storms? :omg: Daisy runs to me and cuddles for protection and Molly stands close & tall. Molly has this look on his face like "what are these birds afraid of mom?". I'm not sure if Piper gets real scared cause they are usually in bed when the storms come through. Although Piper wants to be in the same cage as Daisy. It's too cute, but Daisy is a little jealous of Piper right now. Molly could care less :rolleyes: .

Yep. Ditto stands on my shoulder and watches the lightening. Sometimes he yells at the thunder. Of course he yells at everything sometimes.

butterfly1061
07-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Ok, I posted pictures in the Gallery!