PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of strange things?

cp.lovebird
02-23-2008, 08:50 AM
I've noticed that Squeaky is afraid of some very unsual things! The other day, he was on his play gym and I was sitting nearby. My feet moved a rug on the floor and he was so scared! He started yelling and flew back to his cage. Even yesterday, he was having a snack on his play gym but he kept an eye on the scary carpet!!

And he and his late mate, Blue Meanie, got very scared everytime we took out the mop and bucket. Strange! They would get all skinny, hide in the corner of the cage and yell! 8o

Today we discovered a new scary thing too. Squeaky's cage is near the dining room. We got some dining room furniture delivered last week and it has been in boxes near his cage since Thursday. So, my husband started unpacking the boxes this morning. Poor Squeaky was terrified! I haven't seen him this scared. So, I took him and his play gym up here to the office with me. I sang and talked to him for a bit. He calmed down and now is munching happily on his Nutriberries.

What about your bird(s)? Any unusual phobias?

Buy A Paper Doll
02-23-2008, 09:33 AM
What about your bird(s)? Any unusual phobias?

Apples. Sliced apples are eeeeeeevil.

We don't like the dustbuster because it makes scary noises. And we don't like the swiffer too much either. Don't know why, we just don't like the look of it.

That's about it. Otherwise we's is brave, brave birdies.

~Milo and Melody~

LauraO
02-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Birds are strange this way. They get randomly scared of things. We used to have one of those long spongey stick things that kids play with in pools. We called it the green noodle and the birds were terrified of it. They would fly around doing their scream/cheep sounds. We ended up using it as a birdy deterent and would put it where we wanted to keep the birds away from8o 8o .

Z28Taxman
02-23-2008, 05:52 PM
So far the only thing Ditto seems to be afraid of is the sound of gunfire on the tv (he's never heard the real stuff) and static on the tv. Both of those things will send him flying back to his cage to start shouting.

Other than that, just me going into the basement, there's monsters down there you know! :rofl:

wilkiecoco
02-23-2008, 06:30 PM
it's not one specific thing with kiwi, but he sometimes startles at something that has never scared him before. today, while i was emptying the cutlery drawer from the dishwasher, he became frantic at the fork - not the knife or spoon, but the fork. :confused: :(

Jally
02-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Gosh, do we have an hour to list all the things that Peanut is scared of? Brooms, rubber duckies, stuffed animals, balls, most bird toys he sees for the first time... But, oddly enough, he will go after our dogs and cat!

thebubbleking
02-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Hrmm for boo and sunshine its the vacume and cherry tomatos other then that unless it startles them they will beak it.

lucky melatonin
02-23-2008, 08:32 PM
my boyfriend bought me a horn for my bike (it's a scarlet macaw horn, not kidding!!!!) and they HATE it, even when i'm not honking it around them, just the sight!! i get laughed at for this horn too!