PDA

View Full Version : tailfeathers

lucky melatonin
02-25-2008, 09:29 AM
francis's tailfeathers look a bit tattered. not pulled out or anything, they are still there, just scruffy looking. instead of coming together solidly like a point, they aren't compacted. it may be from rubbing his tail against something, i don't know. but i was wondering how i could get it to go away and be straight? i tried a bath, and they are still like that.

linda040899
02-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Sounds like francis has been rubbing the tailfeathers against something and the shafts may have been damaged just a little bit. They might straighten out when he preens them. If not, the new ones will be OK when the old tailfeathers molt out.

lucky melatonin
02-25-2008, 09:39 AM
that's what i'd assumed happened, i just wasn't sure when they'd get normal again. he has a huge cage and plenty of room, he likes to wedge places though, like in the corner behind the happy hut and in my shirt, so i'm guessing that's how it happened. as long as he'll be ok, i don't mind though. :)

thebubbleking
02-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Sunshine will get raggidy tail feathers i found out it's because he eats then falls asleep with his tail tip in the bird bath!
That and his swishy with boo and backing into the corner of the cage with his tail feathers sticking out through the bars.
I am like " oooh your tail is so pretty come on boy take care of your tail!"
And he just looks at me like " i got the hen why would i care about my tail now?"