PDA

View Full Version : sleep chirpies?

lucky melatonin
02-28-2008, 10:09 AM
francis (i don't think i hear the dude do it) makes these sweet chirpy noises, occasionally with a loud crazy one or some grunting, while he's sleeping. i thought he was awake and something was wrong with him, but i got over there and he had his head tucked behind his wing sleeping.:lol

do your birds do this? or is mine a freak?:rolleyes:

butterfly1061
02-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Yes, many lovies (especially babies) make chirpy noises when they sleep. It's too cute! :D

Z28Taxman
02-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Ditto does it too. I chirp right along with him. :happy:

Kristina
02-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Fenway does this too! The first few times he did it, we thought he was "fake sleeping". LOL.

thebubbleking
02-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Boo does that and makes clicks as well, Sunshine is to worn out from makeing trouble to chirp in his sleep lol

Christian
03-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Estrella does this as well its called sleep singing..I read that it is a form of protection against predators in the wild, because it fools them into thinking that the lovies are awake. You'll notice that they only do it during the day as to not draw attention to themselves at night.

beckyg
03-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Estrella does this as well its called sleep singing..I read that it is a form of protection against predators in the wild, because it fools them into thinking that the lovies are awake. You'll notice that they only do it during the day as to not draw attention to themselves at night.

That is great! Thanks for sharing. It is so neat to know that such a simple little thing has a purpose! I wouldn't have thought to research that one.

sphinxface
03-04-2008, 09:20 AM
I read in a book that lovebirds are known for doing this(parrots for dummies). I haven't been able to watch beezle sleep close up but I think he does this too.