PDA

View Full Version : When is a male sexually mature?

FLINT
03-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Sunday I aquired 3 lovies. Two I bought and one I have had for about 5 mo. A friend asked fo help with her hen who at 2 years old just laid her first egg. ------- The hen emma, bites, rams , shreds and shieks all day long. I have started using a glove when handeling her. -- However, there is something likeable about her. I have a male and he has always been loving and easy. I have a feeling Her companion owner will not want her back. I am a bit surprized at how difficult it is to calm her down. I think I am learning how to deal with her. Wish me luck.

I have a nine month old Male -- he is in a different cage than the 2 year old hen. When will he be sexually mature -- or is he. Can I let them pair up as it appears they want. I have let them climb on each others cages. Both seem to ejoy this. They chirp back and forth all day -- the two babies stay out of it. Thx
Flint

Buy A Paper Doll
03-03-2008, 08:36 PM
I would wait at least until the male is 12-18 months old. Sometimes an older hen will attack a younger male, so I would not put them together unsupervised, for his safety.