PDA

View Full Version : Birds and Colours.

Mydoona
03-09-2008, 08:27 PM
I searched the forums first to no avail.
I read somewhere that lovebirds are scared of the colour RED?
Is this true?...as I changed my birdy room around and to put the cage in a corner so its against two walls and one of the walls is a dark red colour..will it freak them out?
thanks.
I had the cage in front of the slding door but the cage was always in the way.

wilkiecoco
03-09-2008, 08:33 PM
i don't know is there is one color that birds are afraid - i think it depends on the bird. red is not a problem for kiwi, although anything orange freaks him out every time!! >: :omg: i guess you will have to try and see what happens - watch for signs that he is getting stressed. good luck. :)

michael
03-09-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm with Robyn on this one. Matter of fact, now that she mentioned it my lovie too doesn't like orange as opposed to red. I can't tell the difference between the two but whenever I used to wear a cap with what I thought was a red "Stihl" logo on the front he wouldn't come near me. I was later informed it was orange and not red. He has no problem walking around on one of my red notebooks which I know is not orange :omg:.....Just maybe dark red won't phase them at all.....Now all we need is your lovebirds opinions.....:)

Mummieeva
03-09-2008, 10:21 PM
I had a hen who hated the color red. It took me awhile too to figure out that it was one trigger to her biting. Bad thing is at the time most of my shirts were red.lol. If I ever forgot she let me know right away.

Steph