PDA

View Full Version : Mom and dad sick of baby

von
03-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Well, mom and dad are finally sick of baby. I already have a brand new deluxe cage setup for baby (about 10 weeks) but what I'm wondering is can they all be out of their cage together or do I need to alternate? They have started nipping at him and biting, although not hard. I'm wondering if it's okay if they are all out together since baby could get away? Most of the time they get along pretty well. They look so colorful, all three of them sitting next to each other! Another thing I'm wondering is since I haven't been allowing mom to shred anything she doesn't have much to do. That was really her main activity. Can anyone recommend some fun toys or activities to keep her occupied? She is semi-tame but has a bad habit of being bitey especially when she's feeling nesty. The baby and male are much friendlier. Thanks, Von.

LauraO
03-13-2008, 07:16 PM
I've had good luck letting babies out with their parents as long as they are not caged together. Mamma birds usually attack babies to get them out of the nest. Most of my male lovies, keep preening and hanging out with their babies til' four or five months old. Expect a little nipping as long as it doesn't get too rough. Parents generally nip as a way to communicate with a baby and the baby screams like they're getting their toes bit off, but things are usually fine. Just watch if the parents get too rough then rethink letting them out together.

:)

von
03-13-2008, 07:30 PM
boy, it's just breaking my heart. Baby is in his own cage for the first time and they are calling to each other like it's the end of the world. Poor little lovies!

LauraO
03-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Are the cages side by side? If not, it may help to put them a few inches apart so they can be close.