PDA

View Full Version : For anyone with big parrots...

butterfly1061
03-17-2008, 09:33 AM
I made Bosco some "birdie bread muffins" this weekend. I used fresh blueberries, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and a small amount of walnuts (his favorite). They smelled & looked great. I also make him regular birdie bread "muffins" with peas, corn, a few nuts, broccoli. I like the muffins cause they are easy to store and one muffin is a good portion for a meal. I make my lovies birdie bread in the mini-muffin pan - PERFECT size! I don't use muffin liners as it takes away some of the birdie bread. I just spray the pan with the Organic Pam and they come out great! Just thought I'd throw out some ideas :D

Elle
03-17-2008, 01:59 PM
I made Bosco some "birdie bread muffins" this weekend. I used fresh blueberries, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and a small amount of walnuts (his favorite). They smelled & looked great. I also make him regular birdie bread "muffins" with peas, corn, a few nuts, broccoli. I like the muffins cause they are easy to store and one muffin is a good portion for a meal. I make my lovies birdie bread in the mini-muffin pan - PERFECT size! I don't use muffin liners as it takes away some of the birdie bread. I just spray the pan with the Organic Pam and they come out great! Just thought I'd throw out some ideas :D

If you use the muffin linings, the birds get to have some fun peeling it off. I use the mini muffin mold too.

Do you use muffin mix? I used some a couple of weeks ago because I ran out of birdie bread and didn't have all the ingredients. I will not be doing that again though. It's laced with sugar. Now I have to convert Max back to sugar free birdie bread. He won't be happy!

Half a muffin is perfect for the lovebirds and the bidgies :)

butterfly1061
03-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Elle,

I don't use the liner cause I'm more afraid of my birds eating them. I have a couple who like to eat paper :rolleyes: Sometimes I use a little of the packaged muffin mix (not the full cup) to take away the bland taste of the flour and cornmeal I use. I do use Safflower or Sunflower oil and I scrape off cuttlebone into the mix too. Oh, and I used Organic Gerber babyfood - Sweet potato & corn mixture - in Bosco's muffins. He LOVES sweet potato. I may try greenbeans or squash next time. I just cut back on the apple juice when I use the babyfood.