PDA

View Full Version : Lovebird Abuse.

birko19
03-17-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm new to this site and this is my first post, I know I should post in the other section to introduce myself but at this point I'm just upset at what I saw on youtube, I just wonder how could anyone do such thing to these wonderful animals? If you're wondering what I'm talking about check out the video for yourself:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LDEpJuG7-N8

This is really upsetting and disturbing, I flagged the video as drug abuse and I hope someone can do something about this.

Janie
03-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I could only watch a few seconds....had to turn it off! I'm so glad you flagged it. Disgusting.

birko19
03-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Can anyone report this to some kind of animal control? I know some people will say "It's only birds" but this is just wrong.

linda040899
03-17-2008, 03:44 PM
I agree that it's animal abuse but you need to know where this creep is located in order to be able to report it. If you know what city/town, I would definitely go for Animal Control or ASPCA. That's just not right. I'm glad he can laugh...>:

michael
03-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Birko19. Its a shame we have to witness such ignorant poeple sometimes. I hope others who view this video will also flag and leave a comment suggesting he learn some compassion. Just how an adult person can expose themself on the WWW abusing their own faithful companion is beyond me. I'm sure his friends and family are proud to see how he really cares for other living things...............:(

LauraO
03-17-2008, 05:41 PM
I haven't watched it and don't pan to. I just wanted to let you know you can flag videos on youtube that are cruel. If enough people flag it, they will take it off.

Jally
03-17-2008, 05:43 PM
I am so curious, but know that I will be greatly upset if I were to watch as I was upset by the Petsmart videos too. I hope this, this person for lack of better words gets what is coming to him. I do not tolerate abuse of animals or children :( Thank goodness that I am not a judge...

Jally
03-17-2008, 06:09 PM
I clicked the link and quickly flagged the video. In the meantime, my eggs were burning! (We're having spam and eggs for supper...) Thanks Birko19 for bringing this to our attention. Hopefuly we can get this video off of YT.

lemonypickett
03-17-2008, 06:13 PM
I also flagged it .... but as animal abuse.

Maybe if youtube removes it, the pet owner will realize what he is doing is wrong.

Eliza
03-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Holy crow... I expected some young kiddos being stupid, not a grown adult!

Who in their right mind would FEED a pet cannabis, especially a pet so tiny...

lemonypickett
03-20-2008, 10:39 AM
It wouldn't suprise me if this individual was actually growing marijuana.
Otherwise that would be expensive!

Gill
03-20-2008, 01:32 PM
I hate youtube, no sense of whats wrong and right, i saw a video the other day of a guy that had videod his lovebird who had just died and the others were pecking it :( all confused, he had some nasty comments left by a lot of people! :( :(

beckyg
03-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Oh my, very disturbing. I flagged it too. I didn't watch the whole video, but I wonder if it really is marijuana or are they just saying that because they think it is funny... Not sure why that would be funny, but who knows. I guess I wouldn't put it past people to do this kind of stuff, especially if you think about what people do to their human children.

Janie
03-20-2008, 04:35 PM
I can't flag it cause I can't manage to open a youtube account! It accepts all my info., even says the user name is OK but I can't get to the final step.... registered user! :(

I've seen some great stuff on youtube but no doubt about it, there are also some very sick people in this world and that video is a prime example.

michael
03-20-2008, 07:22 PM
I can't flag it cause I can't manage to open a youtube account! It accepts all my info., even says the user name is OK but I can't get to the final step.... registered user! :(

Janie. I've had similar problems opening accounts (especially photo hosts :whistle:) and found that sometimes if your running other programs or have other web windows open (such as lovebirds plus :) or flamingo's dot com :rolleyes:) there seems to be a conflict. Who know's :confused: maybe this is whats happening, maybe not. Had to mention just in case...........;)

Jally
03-21-2008, 08:23 AM
When we were trying to sign my son up for YT, it wouldn't register him, we tried everything...even making him older thinking it was an age conflict thing. Then we tried on my hubby's computer who is running the latest version of Firefox and he got right in. I'm still using an older version of IE. Old habits die hard! :)

Janie
03-21-2008, 08:51 AM
I'll try your suggestion, Michael! I use Safari (Mac) but also have Firefox and can try it both ways after closing all programs. :)

akira-shakira-the bruce
03-24-2008, 12:11 AM
I dont even want to watch it, it will probably make me sick.

Gross, sick. Based on the last post by Eliza.

=( why the heck would someone be so stupid? What gives them any right to hurt a small animal..

akira-shakira-the bruce
03-24-2008, 12:12 AM
or any animal, for that matter!

birko19
03-24-2008, 05:03 PM
It's been removed from youtube, thank God for that.

On the same token let's hope the owner of this wonderful pet realizes his mistake and takes care of his bird the proper way.