PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with this behavior?

flashgal
03-31-2008, 08:35 AM
We have one lovebird that does something that the other 3 do not. S/he is extremely vocal and LOUD and while s/he is vocalizing s/he stands up really tall and flaps its wings and bobs its head up and down as if it really has something important to say. My others are nowhere near as loud and vocal as this one.

linda040899
03-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Some lovebirds have stronger personalities than others have. This is his/her way of letting everyone know that something is very important and the display is to catch everyone's attention!

I have some that are the same way. It's like "Hey! Attention, everyone!" I've got one male Abyssinian Lovebird that will use all sorts of body language to let you know that you have food that he wants! He moondances, does flips on his perch and will even hang on the front bars of his cage just so he can get his message across to me! :happy:

carrier
03-31-2008, 09:50 AM
Some lovebirds have stronger personalities than others have.

Indeed, they do! Fenway does this exact thing ALL the time.:D

He loves to stand up tall, flap his wings and yell at me (and Wrigley) for attention. :rolleyes:

He is such a ham.:nyah:

Miyaki
03-31-2008, 11:27 AM
\ He moondances, does flips on his perch and will even hang on the front bars of his cage just so he can get his message across to me! :happy:

I love it when Sunset (Or Fluffers...which I call him much more the the name his old owner gave him) Moonwalks. It makes me laugh every time I see it. He also hangs off the bars if he wants something and bobs around. And he loves to sit up tall and flap his wings. So cute! He is also a VERY vocal birdy.