PDA

View Full Version : Tim's Mom Is Ill

BarbieH
07-21-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm afraid we need to ask for your prayers and positive thoughts again. Tim's mom is in the hospital -- poor oxygen use, poor blood circulation, diabetes-related problems, and fluid around the heart. She was supposed to go to the dr's this week, and instead they sent her to the hospital. She could not get into their car.

Fortunately, this is all happening while the parents are up here in Michigan. Tim and most of his siblings have the ability to go and help dad.

It has been a very rough month so far. It is also a comfort to have friends and a community to fall back on here.

TIA,

zlatushka
07-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Sorry to hear about this happening in your family on top of everything else that has already happened! Hopefully all will work out well. We'll be praying for her, you and all your family.

:grouphug:
rachel

bellarains
07-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Barb,

Prayers on the way. Tell Tim I am thinking about him and sending him a big ((((HUG)))) :grouphug1

Lori

Janie
07-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Barb, I'm sorry to hear this. I will keep her in my prayers.....you and Tim, too!

linda040899
07-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Tim,
I've added your mother to my prayers. I'm also praying that you and Barb will remain strong through this and that your mother will be touched by His healing hands.

Hugs,

Paulette
07-21-2005, 05:49 PM
:grouphug1
Prayers for all the family.....God's perfect healing.
paulette

TGerard
07-21-2005, 06:37 PM
Thank you all for the kind words and prayers.

The latest news is that they x-rayed her lungs and found fluid in a region (pneumonia). They have started her on antibiotics and steroids to increase her lung capacity. She is doing better but, we're not out of the woods yet (she is in the ICU). Her O2 count has increased from 70 to 90 so she is responding to treatment. There are multiple health conditions that are being addressed. She is in the right place to recieve the correct care. We are doing our best to be patient and positive.

Thanks again,

Sparkette65
07-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Barb, Tim, Tims Mom and Dad... :grouphug:

Lori

Buy A Paper Doll
07-21-2005, 09:18 PM
:grouphug:

shylevon
07-21-2005, 09:19 PM
I do hope your mother feels better soon, Tim. Know that you and Barb have my love, concern, and empathy. Your family is in my prayers. Take care of yourselves, and each other.

Z28Taxman
07-21-2005, 09:22 PM

cassysmiley
07-22-2005, 01:17 AM
My thoughts and Prayers with you all.
Cassy.
xxxx

joybelles
07-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Tim and Barb,
My thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

BarbieH
07-22-2005, 01:29 PM
Thank you everyone.

Tim spoke with her today, and she seems a bit better. At least she was coherent today. Her oxygen level is back up, and the low levels were a big part of the problems of yesterday.

The pneumonia will take a little time to clear up, but she is where she needs to be for this care.

She has been told that she is now classified as homebound, and so she will receive in-home care once she is released (which the drs now say will be in another three days, barring more setbacks). She is not happy with the idea of in-home care, but she doesn't like it when family members try to care for her either -- and in time I'm sure she will enjoy the increased socialization. She is a very outgoing woman, and she hasn't been getting out nearly as much as she used to. I hope the increased contact with the outside world will be welcome to her.

So, she seems to be out of the woods -- the darkest woods at least -- for now. Thanks again for your care and support.

Love,
Barb and Tim

sdgilley
07-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi Tim & Barb,
Catching up on this thread a little late. I'll say a prayer for your Mom (and you!). I hope she continues to do better. Take care,

BarbieH
07-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Quick update: She might be moved out of ICU into a regular room today. I think the ICU nurses are a bit relieved -- they were getting tired of answering the phone for her! :lol That's what happens when a mom of seven is in there!

linda040899
07-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Barb,
This is wonderful news and thanks for the update! Prayers will continue for everyone.

butterfly1061
07-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Good news Barb! Thoughts & prayers! :)

CanadianOlive
07-23-2005, 12:20 PM
I'll add my prayers and thoughts as well....
Melanie