PDA

View Full Version : I think Ditto is trying to scare me to death.

Z28Taxman
07-21-2005, 07:37 PM
We were on the couch watching tv and it looked like his beak was cracked and flaking. :eek:

Turns out it was just the skin of a pea stuck on there. Whew!

I guess he just wanted to see if I was paying attention.

bellarains
07-21-2005, 08:58 PM
LOL,

Just keeping Dad on his toes. I imagine he was really wanting you to wipe his mouth/beak :lol

Z28Taxman
07-21-2005, 09:00 PM
LOL,

Just keeping Dad on his toes. I imagine he was really wanting you to wipe his mouth/beak :lol

Of course. He had to get that beak massage. :rofl:

shylevon
07-21-2005, 09:22 PM
They do know how to freak us out. Imagine how long it took him to get the pea skin positioned just right to evoke maximum concern.

They really can be diabolical little creatures, can't they? :evil: :evil: :evil:

TGerard
07-21-2005, 09:40 PM
This reminded me of the time I looked at Sammy and thought, "OMG! :omg: Blood on your neck?!"
"No, Dad, that would be strawberry!:roll: ", said the voice of Sammy in my head.>o

BarbieH
07-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Or the time we looked in Gracie's cage and said, "Oh no, blackish poops!" Before remembering that she had blueberries for a snack. :roll:

Janie
07-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Dave, I've had a few scares myself that also turned out to be nothing but we "parents" just can't help ourselves! Glad it turned out to be nothing but a little pea skin! :)

p3rr4n
07-23-2005, 07:16 PM
SUp Dave,

Trixie scared me earlier this week and I had to ask Linda what was up.

Trixie had what looked like a cracked beak, and on the inside it was fine, on the outside there was a surface type of irregularity. I went into a turbo panic.

Linda said that sometimes a lovebirds beak will peel. Seems like that was what happened because now there is absolutely no sign of anything.

:)

Our little buddies sure know how to scare us eh?

Z28Taxman
07-23-2005, 08:54 PM
SUp Dave,

Trixie scared me earlier this week and I had to ask Linda what was up.

Trixie had what looked like a cracked beak, and on the inside it was fine, on the outside there was a surface type of irregularity. I went into a turbo panic.

Linda said that sometimes a lovebirds beak will peel. Seems like that was what happened because now there is absolutely no sign of anything.

:)

Our little buddies sure know how to scare us eh?

'Sup, dude!

Ditto usually keeps his beak in great shape. Always sharpening it on his concrete perches. Gotta stay in fighting shape I guess. I've never seen any peeling from him, that' why it scared the crap outta me.

Joanie Noel
07-24-2005, 07:51 AM
Kirby has done the same thing with a pea. And I thought the same thing as you did, Dave. :roll: "Kirby OMG what happened to your beak?! Oh, it's just a *$@&&@&# pea..." :rofl:

- Joanie

zlatushka
07-24-2005, 10:58 AM
speaking of scary poops..... I can totally relate...
I fed Eden beets for the first time about 2 months ago... Now if that doesn't look scary coming out the other end! :omg:

rachel

Elle
07-24-2005, 11:36 AM
speaking of scary poops..... I can totally relate...
I fed Eden beets for the first time about 2 months ago... Now if that doesn't look scary coming out the other end! :omg:

rachel

I can ONLY Imagine! :rofl:

linda040899
07-24-2005, 11:51 AM
The only reason I don't freak over a beak condition, unless I see a bruise or an obvious injury, is because I had my macaws before I started breeding lovebirds. A macaw's beak is never perfect so I've gotten used to seeing that "peeled" effect.

One thing about my lovies, if one of them is sitting with me and they have a beak that needs cleaning, my shoulder is the first place they wipe!!! :happy:

Sparkette65
07-24-2005, 12:19 PM
yep! I can see that!! :rofl:
take care,
Lori