PDA

View Full Version : Doin' the swishy....

HaleBoppPeachyluv
04-16-2008, 10:29 PM
It seems my Makali'i has discovered the joys of the swishy.... what I want ot know is.... how much is too much?

The weather here is rather and humid at the moment, and Maka won't go back in his cage to eat or drink unless I stick him back in.... can he hurt himself?

Pips mom
04-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Pip is the same way----he doesn't like his cage for one, so he won't go in to eat or drink, so I have to put a dish for him with food on the tiel's cage and he has a nice little birdie bath thing that is out for him on top of his cage to drink or take a bath whenever he wants. As far as the swishy dance goes, Pip will run right to his favorite rope toy first thing when he gets up in the morning! oh, he humps that thing all the time! I just think it's funny, and I can even leave the room to go to the bathroom or something when I see him doing this as I know it will keep him outa trouble for a little while! Gotta love when they find things to do that keeps them happy and outa trouble!!! :)

HaleBoppPeachyluv
04-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Maka is so far the least inquisitive of my lovies. When I first brought him home, he'd fly around exploring & landing high up on top the fridge, or around the corner to the washer/dryer room.... now, he lands only on 1)my rolly desk chair, 2) the rocking chair near the sliding glass door, 3) the clear wire tower on my desk 4) my laptop & 5) my head.

I have a water dish & food dish out & unless I put him ontop of them & stand next to him, he won't touch them. I recently put his swishy toy on top of his cage (it's a stuffed animal) so he's added that to his "safe landing" spots... but yeah.. no eating or drinking otherwise.

LOL I guess I just have to notice the time & stick him back in his cages at intervals.