PDA

View Full Version : Speechless

carrier
04-18-2008, 09:39 AM
I was just surfing the web and went to msn.com and one of their daily "video highlights" is of a completely featherless Cockatoo....

:very_sad: :very_sad: :very_sad:

It made my eyes well up and I feel awful now. I don't have sound here at work but I really don't think I would want to hear anyone's explanation for the condition of that poor bird. God I feel sick.

I am speechless.

zlatushka
04-18-2008, 10:12 AM
From the caption on MSN...
Featherless cockatoo an Internet sensation
April 17: A cockatoo that has lived at the Humane Society of Broward County, Fla., for the past 12 years has almost no feathers, and that has made the bird a recent Internet sensation.

12 years and still no feathers! Poor thing looks freezing, you'd think they'd knit him a sweater or something...

ittyandrita
04-18-2008, 10:19 AM
she has pbfd, i watched it at work yesterday

Keltoth
04-18-2008, 10:43 AM
What a sweet bird! I cannot believe she has made it 12 years with PBFD; the people at the Broward County Humane Society must be giving her excellent quality of life care; kudos to them!

Youtube video link. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgNpkfKRQ-k)

- Eric

michael
04-18-2008, 10:54 AM
About the only T.V. I watch is the news. As usual they mentioned this bird along with a brief pic and said "hear the complete story later on in our broadcast". Its rare that I ever manage to linger until the sports let alone the end of the program to catch whats MOST INTERESTING!..,,,,:mad:......So I missed all the details on exactly why he had no feathers. Poor thing :(. And yes, he did look a bit chilled too. Anyone catch the details?...........Ah!........Thanks ERIC.........;)

carrier
04-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Indeed it is a very goodthing the Humane Society is doing, but seeing that poor thing just breaks my heart.

Bless that sweet birdie.

LauraO
04-18-2008, 05:23 PM
While the site of the birdie is hard to get used to, he's obviously loved and has a stable place to be with understanding people:rolleyes: .

Janie
04-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Someone linked that on my "bluebird" forum and at first it made me so sad but when I watched the video and read the story..... just heart-warming! The bird has a forever family taking very good care of her. :) She is probably getting much better care (and more love and attention) than 80% of the pet birds out there.

butterfly1061
04-19-2008, 07:59 AM
I saw this yesterday at work and it broke my heart. I agree that she is being cared for and seems happy. Wonder if we could get Shy to make a birdie-coat for her :D Where is that Shy girl anyway?????:confused: