PDA

View Full Version : I Love Gracie

BarbieH
07-22-2005, 02:30 PM
With all the cr*p going on in our lives, Gracie girl manages to find a way to really make things much better.

Today she let me pet her head, just above the beak, through the bars of the cage. She asked for it. She hasn't tried to bite my fingers lately, either.

I thought she seemed rather thoughtful lately. She has been watching Didjit and Sam step up onto fingers, and she sees that Didjit also lets me put my fingers in the cage and pet his beak. She sees me handle Didj outside of the cage and sees that he doesn't get hurt.

I can handle them, and I can even handle George to a degree, but Gracie? Petting her head through the bars of the cage is *huge*.

Joanie Noel
07-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Woohoo, Barb! :happy: I do know how that is a big accomplishment. :D

That a girl, Gracie. Make your Mama proud. :wink:

- Joanie

zlatushka
07-22-2005, 03:14 PM
woooooooooohoooooooooo :)

nothing like a little bit of sunshine when you really need it. Hopefully this will mark and upward turn in events!

rachel

butterfly1061
07-22-2005, 03:22 PM
That's great Barb! Makes you feel like a real mommy, huh? (I know that feeling too :happy:

bellarains
07-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Ahhh Barbie,

You got all misty eyed didn't ya????? I know ya did. You tell that sweet little Gracie her Auntie Lori said she's a good little girlie, and if I was there I'd "blow" her a kissy :)

LauraO
07-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Barb: That is just tooo sweet. Gracie loves you too :D

shylevon
07-22-2005, 06:01 PM
That is a huge step, Barb. My gals will let me pet them out of the cage, sometimes, but to stick my fingers in the cage is a preempt to phalange amputation.

Glad to see Gracie is taking an extra step to cheer you up these days. :)

BarbieH
07-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Gracie is still being a good girl (don't know how long it will last :lol). But, I noticed something funny. As in funny ironic, not funny ha ha. The more she allows herself to trust, the more cautious she becomes. She is generally a very in-your-face kind of hen, and she has become downright skittish since allowing herself to be petted just a little bit.

That's a wild one for you. :roll: They never completely let their guard down.

sdgilley
07-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Wow, Barb, What a sweetie Gracie can be! I think it's so neat that she's allowing you to pet that cute little head of hers. I hope she gets over being more skittish... maybe less inclined to take the offense. Good luck!

LoveBird
07-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Hi,
was your bird Gracie in the BIRDS magazine? Because I saw a Peachface Lovebird in the BIRDS magazine named Gracie and I am wondering if that is your bird. Thanks,
Taylor

BarbieH
07-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Nope, that wouldn't be my Gracie. :) I've never sent any pix of her to any magazine.