PDA

View Full Version : Crazy birdie?

beckyg
04-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Last night I had Luna perched on my finger and I was playing around with her. I was holding my other hand over top of her seeing how far she would stretch to try and reach it... I know I am the crazy one.. :) It was just so cute, but anyhoo, I started moving my hand down toward her making a pinching motion with my fingers and she started puffing up and spread her tail feathers out and wagging them back and forth all this while staring up at my hand. It was cute and funny. I was wondering if she was trying to attract my hand to her or what. When I would touch her with them she didn't bite me or anything so I know she wasn't warning me, but as long as I did it she would puff up and wag her tail feathers. ?? What do you guys think? She is 9 mths old...

Okay so people are looking, but not commenting so I guess this must be a stupid question. I just really didn't want to encourage my lovie to "love on" me... if you know what I mean :D. I don't want to confuse her. Is this a swishy dance? I haven't ever seen one, but I have read about others doing the "swishy dance".

thebubbleking
04-23-2008, 05:19 PM
It sounds as if lovie like your hand, it does not sound like the swishy dance once you have seen it you wont forget it lol here is a link of a loviel doing the swishy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtT2l2bSoBc

beckyg
04-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Okay, so I really didn't want to see that lol! :D I thought when people said their birds do the swishy dance it meant that they were trying to "romance" someone or something... before they did that. I guess I must be confused. I have never seen her do this before. It is absolutely adorable I will reach my hand over her head and she just looks up at it and puffs up and wags her tail. It's almost like she is excited about it, maybe she just wants me to give her scritches... well anyhoo. Who knows what is going through her head... I mean she is a lovie! :D

Janie
04-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Oh my lord, that link just cracked me up! I know it's not Shy but the behavior and coloring are exactly the same. He's still at "it" a lot, several times a day! :rolleyes:

carrier
04-24-2008, 06:35 PM
:lol :rofl: :rofl:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

That link was hilarious!!

As a person who has never witnessed the "swishy", I must admit if I ever see Fenway or Wrigley doing that I will probably die of laughter....:rofl:

(At least if I go that way, it will be with a smile on my face. :nyah: )

michael
04-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Okay, so I really didn't want to see that lol! :D I thought when people said their birds do the swishy dance it meant that they were trying to "romance" someone or something... before they did that. I guess I must be confused. I have never seen her do this before. It is absolutely adorable I will reach my hand over her head and she just looks up at it and puffs up and wags her tail. It's almost like she is excited about it, maybe she just wants me to give her scritches... well anyhoo. Who knows what is going through her head... I mean she is a lovie! :D

Sounds like she may just want a good scritchin' as I doubt being female she would conduct herself in such manner as portrayed in Bubblekings X-rated video :wink:. I'm fairly certain if she were to lower herself and spread her wings then it would be considered the female version of the "romantic swishydance". Then again, who knows whats going on in that little head before she were to do that!...................:rolleyes:

beckyg
04-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Sounds like she may just want a good scritchin' as I doubt being female she would conduct herself in such manner as portrayed in Bubblekings X-rated video :wink:. I'm fairly certain if she were to lower herself and spread her wings then it would be considered the female version of the "romantic swishydance". Then again, who knows whats going on in that little head before she were to do that!...................:rolleyes:

Well, she may be a he... I haven't gotten "her" DNA'd, I just decided that she was a she :D. It's quite funny cause she does kind of lift her little rear while she is wagging her tail and she does this little clicky noise at the same time. So cute! I wish I could get it on video.

Janie
04-25-2008, 06:54 AM
:lol :rofl: :rofl:

As a person who has never witnessed the "swishy", I must admit if I ever see Fenway or Wrigley doing that I will probably die of laughter....:rofl:

You WILL die of laughter the first few months and then you'll get over it! :whistle: Shy piles gack on his birdie buddy and then rubs, rubs and rubs some more and sometimes I have to wash his whole front side to get rid of the gack that has dried and stuck to his feathers. Oh yeah, it's hilarious! :rolleyes: