PDA

View Full Version : How would I do this?

Brooke
04-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Ok I have one lovebird, I dont know the gender so I would have to find out but I would like to get another bird and pair his/her up will they just naturally have eggs because I dont want to breed them. I got my bird from a breeder and she has a clutch almost ready to hatch could I get one of her birds again and breed them? or would that be brother and sister? Help please

Mummieeva
04-24-2008, 01:33 PM
I would find out the birds gender before making any plans at all. Two males can get along and a male/female pair can also. But it is very rare for 2 females to get along. Please keep in mind that there is a chance they could never get along and you would have 2 cages to care for all the time. I would not suggest having a male and female pair unless your ready for babies or alot of cage moving. Also generally a female will not accept a male younger then them. If you want two birds i would be sure both have been sexed.There are ways to put off laying but no for sure way for them to never ever lay eggs. You should also quarantine any new birds you get also unless the breeder has a closed aviary.

Steph

Brooke
04-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Thanks so much!! I never knew that!