PDA

View Full Version : Wont get on finger anymore :(

sphinxface
04-25-2008, 09:45 AM
For the longest time Beezle was doing really good stepping up on my finger. I transfer him this way between his sleeping cage and his play cage... he wont do it anymore. he looks at me funny and pushes me away with his beak... It might be because me, my mom, and my dad all have different ways of moving him, my dad sortof motions like he will grab around him, but the bird gives up and steps up on his thumb, he basically does grab him just slowly.. and my mom uses a stick with food to tease him out... and I try to use the step up... I don't think I can talk my dad out of his method but I might be able to teach my mom how to do it cept now he wont do it out of the cage willingly...

I don't know what to do D:

linda040899
04-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Beezle is getting mixed messages from the various commands so he's decided that he just won't do what any of you want. What happens if you leave the cage door open and let him come out by himself? Once out of his cage, then ask him to step up.

One thing I've found with the step up command is to put your finger in front of the bird quickly so he/she doesn't have time to think about anything but what you want.

You need to talk to everyone who handles Beezle so that you are all on the same page as far as delivering commands to him. Consistency is the key to success.

sphinxface
04-25-2008, 11:22 AM
he wont come out of his sleeping cage, I don't even know if he's eating because he wont come off of a round thing that's in there that's at the very top...