PDA

View Full Version : My first home!

lemonypickett
04-30-2008, 09:49 PM
All I have to do is pass the home inspection (which I think will not be a problem) and its mine! Needs a little sprucing up, but I think it has some great potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckQnNBMdKiA

Tough moving from a brand new house on a lake, but this one will be mine!! No more paying someone else's mortgage :)

Mummieeva
05-01-2008, 01:32 AM
Wow, I like it. I bet you can not wait to move in.

Steph

Kristina
05-01-2008, 05:46 AM
Yay, congratulations!

You'll have to take some pictures of the inside at the inspection! How exciting! Where is it located? My cousin just bought a house in VT. Now is definitely the time to buy.

When we bought, we looked at new houses. We didn't really like them. They're all cookie cutter houses now, plus the newer houses in our price range were in terrible "up and coming" neighborhoods. You will have a lot more character in an older house with many of the new house kinks worked out. :) And I like that my stairs squeak when someone walks on them, it means I know when someone is coming near me. LOL.

ETA - It will be nice for you to move in the warmer months. We moved in the middle of December and we still have three or four boxes that have not been unpacked!

linda040899
05-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Congratulations, Laura, and welcome to the world of home ownership! :)

Older homes have a certain charm to them and they also tend to be build better than the newer ones! Enjoy your new home, although I don't envy you the moving part of it.....

lemonypickett
05-01-2008, 09:26 AM
:)

beckyg
05-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Awesome! Congrats!!!

Mummieeva
05-01-2008, 11:49 AM
I prefer wood fences myself. As for the room I like the porch or the red room(one that looks like a childs play room). The living room looks large enough also. I really love the house your getting even more since i saw the inside.

Steph

Gill
05-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Wow! youre so lucky! Do you know what the sad thing is, that probably costs you less than a one bedroom flat in England! Our house prices are sky high!!!

LauraO
05-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Congrats on the house! It's looks really fun!

which room would be best for Eddie's cage?

This would be the room you are in most:rofl: .

wilkiecoco
05-04-2008, 03:32 PM
congratulations on the new home!!!!!!! :clap I love the look of older homes, they have so much charm and fun surrounding them. Good luck!!!! :)

Buy A Paper Doll
05-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Congratulations!!! Welcome to the world of debt - I mean, homeownership. :)

lemonypickett
05-04-2008, 06:00 PM
you guys are the best. Thanks. I did get it for almost 40k less than what they were asking. I hope I don't go broke fixing it up!

Pips mom
05-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Congratulations Laura! It looks like a very nice house! It really doesn't look that old, but I agree with the others----older homes are sometimes better. The one I am living in now is an older home and it's in awesome shape! I love the charm of an older home and would take that over a new one anyday! I hope you and Eddie enjoy your new home! :clap

michael
05-05-2008, 03:31 AM
Congrats on your new home! Best wishes in that all turns out perfect and you get to finally use that new "bird room"......er......I mean "sun room" thats off to the side there. Yup, older homes are definitely much more appealing!..................:)

thebubbleking
05-05-2008, 05:16 PM
PFFFT! gill you want high prices come here! england has nothing on hawaii price wise lol
Congrats on the new home!