PDA

View Full Version : Going to meet Jane Goodall!

ittyandrita
05-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Tomorrow (the 7th) I'm going to the official opening of the New England Exotic Wildlife Sanctuary. It is an extension of Foster Parrots (http://www.fosterparrots.com/).
I went during the fall while they were still doing construction, only the macaw, cockatoos and a flock of wild quaker parrots rescued from the bronx's aviaries were done. It was pretty amazing and a bit emotional too, as the majority of macaws and cockatoos had been abused, or came from some horrific situation. I can not wait to see the lovebird room! and the senegal room!!
Anyways, Jane Goodall and Massachusetts Senator Robert Hedlund are the guests of honor. I'm pretty psyched. i'll take lots of pictures and a give a full report!:clap

linda040899
05-07-2008, 03:04 AM
Rachel,
This sounds like a wonderful opportunity and I'm glad to hear that you will be attending!! Wish I lived closer!!

Mydoona
05-07-2008, 04:32 AM
Tell Jane I LOVE HER!!!!!

graushill
05-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Ooh lucky you! I also admire Jane Goodall a lot. Do take pictures and share :) !

Gloria

Eliza
05-07-2008, 02:59 PM
OMG, I remember being OBSESSED with Ms. Goodall's Nat'l Geo article about chimps from the 70s. I would read it every night for weeks.

She's a fascinating woman and you no doubt are enjoying getting to meet her.

Best of luck to the sanctuary!

thebubbleking
05-07-2008, 03:24 PM
i'm so jealous! have fun and definately take lots of pics!