PDA

View Full Version : The power of love

Elle
05-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Phoebe has never been a little social butterfly with us. She loves her flock and knows the hand that feeds her but it's been pretty much it. She avoids us as much as possible. She does, however steps up very well at bed time or when it's time to get back in her cage before I leave for work.

Phoebe has been nesty since last August and laid 4 cluctches in a row. We finally got her to stop by moving her into a bigger cage, in a different room. Now that she's been out and around, we noticed how much she loves Petie. She will follow him anywhere. She preens him (or what's left of his feathers since he's a plucker :lol ) and loves when he returns the favor. They snuggle together in their coconut in the evenings until we put them in their cage.

Petie, on the other hand, will greet anyone who walks through our door with a loud chirp in their ear. He loves sharing our food at the table and spends a lot of time with us. As you can imagine, it's not what Pheobe wants. She wants him with her, not with us. Finally, over the last couple of days, since we've been home a lot (vacation time) Phoebe has decided to join Petie on us. It started with Phoebe standing on the back of our chair and finally, she climbed on our shoulder. She will now stay on us for long periods of time with Petie around. She will preen our hair, nibble on our neck and climb on top of our head. She is getting over her fear of us for the love of her plucked little Petie. :)

linda040899
05-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Elle,
That's a heartwarming story and you really made my day with it! :) I'm so very glad that Phoebe is learning to trust, even if it's through her love for Petie. It's definitely a good thing. :happy:

LauraO
05-07-2008, 09:42 AM
aaaahhhhhh. Phoebe's a sweet girl and all she needed was her Petie to bring it out. I love these stories!
:D :D

wilkiecoco
05-07-2008, 03:15 PM
aaaawwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! what a great story. All Phoebe needed was a little Petie love to show her that her human flock isn't that bad. I love it!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

thebubbleking
05-07-2008, 03:23 PM
A sweet story indeed and lucky :D

butterfly1061
05-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Elle,

With all that Phoebe has been through, I'm glad to hear she is starting to come down the road to trusting those who rescued her. She's a very pretty girl and maybe soon she will "visit" you without her Petie in tow. :D

Elle
05-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Elle,

With all that Phoebe has been through, I'm glad to hear she is starting to come down the road to trusting those who rescued her. She's a very pretty girl and maybe soon she will "visit" you without her Petie in tow. :D

She did twice yesterday. She will stand on our shoulder and just stare at us.

But you are right. With all she weent trhough, it's really great to see she is coming out of her shell. It's because of her past that I never forced her to be on us and respected her wishes not to associate. We just wanted her to be a happy little birdie :)

beckyg
05-08-2008, 09:51 AM
That is so sweet. I am happy for you and your little Phoebe. She has learned to trust you because of your respect for her and her love for Petie. What a great story!!! Thanks for sharing.

michael
05-08-2008, 11:29 AM
What wonderful news to hear about Phoebe's coming out. Maybe now with the help of Petie she'll continue to grow in ways that otherwise may not have been possible. Such a heart warming story.............:)

carrier
05-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Indeed, a truly happy story. :happy: :happy:

Thanks for sharing!