PDA

View Full Version : Some People Can not go to Photobucket

Bomom
06-07-2008, 10:50 PM
and here's why:

The PhotoBucket blog post at http://blog.photobucket.com/ says the reason many people cannot access their website is because two Tier 1 providers got into a feud and cut off traffic to each other's network. It says, "Photobucket has acquired additional equipment and another provider in order to help route traffic that was unable to resolve photobucket.com. Just as we started to make the changes on our end, we got word that Cogent and Level 3 had begun to pass traffic between the networks again. It was an unfortunate situation that affected thousands of companies and millions of internet users." The owner said today, "We are working out a resolution on our end, as its out of our direct control. Things should be looking back to normal."

I'm one of those people :roll:

Pips mom
06-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Gee----I haven't had any problem with my photobucket.

linda040899
06-08-2008, 02:01 AM
Thank you for sharing this information, Cindy!
While I, personally, have not had a problem accessing Photobucket, I can see where it's frustrating for those who can't!!! Photobucket is the largest provider for ebay so lack of access can truly be frustrating!!!

michael
06-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up Cindy. Although I haven't had much time to mess with photo's lately I've aquired 4 (yes thats four) different photo hosts. All seem to have their share of user friendly issues that test everyone's patience at one time or another. After reading your post a visit to Photobucket did prompt me to change passwords due to changes in security. Their service was also terrible and very time consuming. I finally checked out after pages began turning up blank............:(

Dancelady
06-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I tried to put pictures on Photobucket and couldn't. I thought it was your website, but I'm happy it was their problem. Now I can get back to doing it.

Eliza
06-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I've only had problems accessing videos on Photobucket -- I can use them on one web browser but not another. Strange...

Regardless, thank you for the heads up, Cindy! I hope that everything works out.