PDA

View Full Version : Awww, Pip has a friend!

Pips mom
06-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Today while my newest addition Ivy was out with Pip, I witnessed the cutest thing! Ivy was trying to feed Pip! It was so cute.....she followed him around and then was bobbing the head and they went beak to beak---she was trying to feed him! Does this mean that the two will end up being good friends?? I still don't trust Pip! I know he can be nippy, but he really has been doing good with Ivy lately! this would be so great if they ended up buddies!

LauraO
06-12-2008, 10:34 AM
It sounds like things are going well with Ivey and Pip, though I wouldn't get too excited for the long haul. Of course, I'm tainted and prejudice because my Meyer's Koa has a murderous side and don't trust bigger birds with smaller birds.

I would just stay cautious and watch them closely. It could very well be that you are one of the lucky ones and your fids get along, which would be great.

Oh, it's too classic for you not to trust Pip. Lovies are nuts!:lol

Pips mom
06-14-2008, 12:09 AM
yeah!! haha! the heck with not trusting the BIGger bird! Just watch out for that lovie!
In Ivy's previous home she had a good buddy there that was a lovie, and also was good friends with a green cheek conure. Ivy does play rough and I would worry about Pip near her while she's all wound up and hyper playing! but other than that, Ivy's intentions seem good and she seems to like Pip.....of course Pip likes everybirdy! He's mister social! thing with him though is that I think one of his ways of showing affection involves nipping at feet! especially if they are on the other side of cage bars!